01-24-2010 10:09 AM
Just wondering if it's normal that the Act Outlook Service in the windows task manager should be over 500megs of ram usage?!
Anyone else have this? It's really really really slowing my system down.
Should I use the Act! email client instead?
01-29-2010 01:37 PM
No, this is not typical memory usage for the ACT! Outlook service. The high usage may be due to emails that have not successful been attached to ACT! history and are contually trying to do so. Try this:
- Open your Windows Task Manager, go to Processes tab and "End Process" on the Act.Outlook.Service.exe" process
- Open Windows Explorer (My Computer) and browse to C:\Documents & Settings(user name)\Application Data\ACT\Act for Windows (version#)
- Open the History Queue folder and delete the contents
- Restart the ACT! Outlook service by browsing to C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows and double-clicking the Act.Outlook.Service.exe file
- Monitor your memory usage to see if the issue re-occurs
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.