Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Outlook.Service.exe not in Start-up

Copper Contributor

Act.Outlook.Service.exe not in Start-up

Vista-Outlook. My emails used to attach fine when Act.Outlook.Service.exe was in the system configuration Start-up window (RUN-msconfig). Then a lot was done to get rid of a virus and Act.Outlook.Service.exe is no longer in the system configuration Start-up window. If I go to the Act.Outlook.Service.exe file and start it, everything works fine until the next start-up. How do I get the Act.Outlook.Service.exe file box back into the system configuration Start-up window . ACT is in the system configuration Start-up window and it is checked to start up but this doesn't get Act.Outlook.Service.exe running. Thank you very much for your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act.Outlook.Service.exe not in Start-up

[ Edited ]

Hello businessdata,

You can add this either by uninstalling and reinstalling ACT!, or by making the following addition to your Windows registry:

- Click your Windows Start button and in the Search box on the Start menu, type regedit

- In the registry editor, locate the main key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

- Expand the key and drill down to the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

- Right-click on the Run key and select New > String Value

- This will appear on the right-hand side. Name the value Act.Outlook.Service

- Double-click the Act.Outlook.Service value and for the Value Data, put in"C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe"  (include the quotes). Click OK to save.

- Open MSConfig, go to the Startup tab, and make sure the ACT! Outlook Service item you just added is checked.

- Changes will take effect when you restart your machine

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.