Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Outlook.Service.exe hogging CPU in fully-updated Sage ACT! Pro 2011

Copper Contributor

Act.Outlook.Service.exe hogging CPU in fully-updated Sage ACT! Pro 2011

Hi,

For the first 10 - 15 minutes after bootup my CPU is swamped - even with no applications running after boot-up - by Act.Outlook.Service.exe *32

That is, before I start Act!, or Outlook, or anything else, the CPU is running typically at 80% (banging

around between 70% and 100% with Act.Outlook.Service.exe *32 heading the list of CPU-gobblers.

This is making my (good) PC unusable for the first 10 - 15minutes of each working day. Is there a known bug?

I have my Preferences set to Automatic weekly update, and when I do an update check get the message "You already have the latest version of ACT!" (I have Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2)

What's going on? I guess there is no patch, or it would have been downloaded. Has anybody found a workaround to stop this problem?

Thanks for any hints.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act.Outlook.Service.exe hogging CPU in fully-updated Sage ACT! Pro 2011

It may be that the History queue is backed up and attempting to catch-up.  Review the following article with instructions for cleaning out the History queue: KB Article 19948

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks Greg - that seemed to do the trick.

Greg,

Perfect! Does the trick.

I've had this 50% CPU usage issue with Act Pro 2011 for more than a year! Had tried a bunch of other potential fixes when researching this issue. I wish this solution were easier to find on this forum/web. Hadn't seen until today, after many other web & ACT Forum searches.

Jim