Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Outlook Integration w/Windows 8 No longer working

Act! Outlook Integration w/Windows 8 No longer working

Using Act! Pro 2013 and since updating to windows 8 calendars/contact will no longer sync at all.

"Storage Engine Operation Failed with error code 25118"

Tried restarting system and both outlook/act as well - can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Outlook Integration w/Windows 8 No longer working

Hello almanji,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Currently, ACT! 2013 is not fully supported on Windows 8. Service Pack 1 for ACT! 2013 will offer Windows 8 support - this update is currently scheduled for a January release. Also, what version of Office is one your Windows 8 machine? Support for Office 2013 is not yet available.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

OK Thanks, using Office 2010.
Platinum Super Contributor

Try disabling the Windows UAC feature, and then test the sync.  Here is a link with instructions for disabling UAC in Windows 8: Disable UAC in Windows 8 

Greg Martin
Sage

HI Grieg,

I am having the same problem. I am using Windows 8, ACT 2013 Pro with SP1 update applied (this was done by a consultant so I know it is installed properly) and Outlook 2010.

What is strange to me is that the contact sync is working both in schedule mode and manual mode.

Calendar sync stops the auto mode from completing and will not start when I try to manually kick of the Calendar sync.

Further I was previously able to create a meeting in ACT 2013. Pro and send it out through Outlook 2010 when I was using Windows 7. However after upgrading to Windows 8 this has stopped.

Any help would be appreciated.