Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Outlook Integration history totally broken

Highlighted

Act Outlook Integration history totally broken

Guys

I've struggled for months and months now with an ever-growing queue of unhandled emails that never seems to clear itself.

Now I finally figured out why.

Please take the following suggestions on board:

1. We need a white list option for emails, for example for internal people, so these emails can be ignored by request

2. The matching algorithms seem to be very poor, mostly nothing is matching up for me because I have lastname, firstname and the default in the plugin seems to be the opposite.

Now to the real part, the reason that no emails will ever clear and Act continues to run like molasses is that there is actually a problem with the XML file that defines the actions:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<outlookhistoryerror>
  <error type="LastError">
    <lastdatetime>28/06/2010 21:40:00</lastdatetime>
    <firstdatetime>28/06/2010 21:40:00</firstdatetime>
    <message>Invalid data file schema.  The 'acthistoryerrorhandlers' element is not declared..</message>
  </error>
  <error type="System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidationException">
    <firstdatetime>28/06/2010 21:40:00</firstdatetime>
    <lastdatetime>28/06/2010 21:40:00</lastdatetime>
    <message>Invalid data file schema.  The 'acthistoryerrorhandlers' element is not declared..</message>
    <count>1</count>
  </error>
</outlookhistoryerror>

So how can I fix that one?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Outlook Integration history totally broken

[ Edited ]

Hello mortbrad,

What version of ACT! are using? Go to your Windows Start menu and click Run (Windows XP) or go to the Search Box (Vista, Windows 7) and type %appdata%. Open the ACT folder. In here, open either the ACT for Windows 12, ACT for Windows 13, or ACT Data folder and see if you have the file ACTHistoryErrorHandlers.xml in one of those.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

I am running Act 2010, so the file is under %appdata%\ACT\Act for Windows 12\ACTHistoryErrorHandlers.xml

I really have checked all the basic stuff.

There's something wrong with the contents of the XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<acthistoryerrorhandlers>
    <error type="System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidationException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="System.IO.FileNotFoundException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="Act.Outlook.Service.Shared.AddressBookEntryNotFoundException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="Act.Outlook.Service.Shared.NoContactsFoundException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="Act.Framework.MissingDatabaseException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="Act.Framework.SchemaVersionMismatchException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="Act.Data.LoaderException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="System.NullReferenceException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="System.OutOfMemoryException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="Act.Framework.SQLVersionException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="Act.Framework.MetaData.SchemaLoadException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
    <error type="Act.Outlook.Service.Shared.UserRemovedFromQueueException" removeafterattempts="1" removeafterdays="1" />
</acthistoryerrorhandlers>

Act is telling me something is wrong with this file with the other message.

I am looking for a solution to this problem - I see HF5 is out but I can't see a fix for it there.  It would seem to be an architecural problem and I hope one that isn't too difficult to fix so could I please have some further troubleshooting steps?

What do I actually have to do to get some help for this problem, I have what clearly is a program error and a program which is backing up 8 months of emails it can't clear.

This program is clearly not of merchantable quality - do I have to threaten the legal route to get some redress?  This has been ongoing for more than 6 motnhs.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Mortbrad,
I'm sorry to hear that you continue to experience this issue. I'm not really sure what would cause this error, other than an invalid or damaged .xml file. This is not an error I have seen with ACT! 2010 before. Have you tried replacing the .xml file, or if that doesn't work, uninstalling and reinstalling the program? You can also try disabling User Account Control (if using Vista or Windows 7) or turning off your firewall/antivrus in the event that something if preventing the assembly from loading. I would also advise that you call into Sage ACT! Australia support as hands-on troubleshooting may be more effective than the assistance we can provide via this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.