Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Outlook Integration Problems and multiple Outlook email accounts

Act Outlook Integration Problems and multiple Outlook email accounts

Hello all. I have been having a problem with act for a number of weeks and can't seem to find a solution.

When loading outlook, I get the message:

"The ACT! Address Book service is not properly configured, or the configured database *name* is locked. Do you want to configure it now?"

This error also comes up when a 3rd party program tries to send an email for hte first time after a computer reboot.

In addition, when loading ACT!, it always comes up with an error that port 1434 is closed (it isn't), but manually selecting a database .pad file opens correctly.

Currently, NO emails are being attached to ACT history because of the Address Book problem. Re-configuring the ACT Outlook integration has resulted in no effect, even deleting the Address Book link, rebooting, and re-configuring has had no effect.

Running a DB repair has similarly had no effect.

In addition to all of that, my salesman is unable to configure ACT in order for his emails to attach to the ACT contacts, so his 12 months of email history is inaccessible through ACT.

Currently running Act Pro V16.1.207.0 Hot Fix 2 and Office 2013 with off-line install on Windows 7 SP1. ACT database is hosted on a central server for access by our 2 main computers.