Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Not Responding

Act Not Responding

Am running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.  Am getting "program not responding" each time I try to schedule a call.  Takes about a minute and then it clears itself.  Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Not Responding

Hello JLENTMO,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. There were some issues with activities and performance that were addressed with the latest updates to ACT! 2011. I would advise updating to SP1 and then applying cumulative Hot Fix 4.

First, apply the SP1 update, per KB Article 27290

Then open your database so it can be updated

Then apply Hot Fix  4, per KB Article 27440

In addition, I would run maintenance on your database by going to Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair, and running both repair options.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have tried what is suggexted in these articles.  No change in the problem.  Would uninstalling ACT and re-installing do any good? 

No. How much RAM do you have installed? Hard drive speed in RPM?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

This machine is an 6 month old HP4520s running Windows 7 & Office 2010.  Don't know the hard drive RPM but it is what ever mfg specs say it is.

JB

Any given model can have a range of specifications when it comes to installed RAM and hard drive. You would need to determine just what the specification of your system actually are. The not responding message that shows up and then clears is an indicator of performance issues. My guess is that the RAM may belimited (2-Gb minimum for ACT! on Windows 7, 4-Gb preferred) or the hard drive may be a 5400 RPM model (7200 RPM is recommended for ACT!).

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

My machine has 2MB of RAM runing on 32 bit and has a C harddrive running 7200 RPM. Another note.  I have been using this version of ACT for 6 months with no problems.  This "Not Responding " issuue just happened.

JB

No response to my answer of July 11 at 5:20 PM?

Try this: Tools -> Preferences -> Startup tab

Deselect the box for Open each view in its own window.

Until I figured this out Act 2011 was taking about 90 seconds to load - and was not always successful - sometimes it just hung. Processes when it was successful were painfully long as well.

Now it loads in around 10-15 seconds and runs much faster. Hope this is relevant and helps!

Tuned Listener

Hi,

I have the same issue you experienced with ACT! on a new HP desktop with 8 GB of ram (not sure about disk rpm speed).  Same version of ACT (Am running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.  Am getting "program not responding" each time I try to schedule a call.  Takes about a minute and then it clears itself.  Any suggestions?)  Did you ever resolve the slowness?