Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Mail not running for Act Version 16?

Act Mail not running for Act Version 16?

Hello,

I just upgraded to Act 16.  I have always used the built in Act client instead of Outlook.  When I try to startup ActEmail after upgrading I never see anything and get the following in the event log.

Nto sure what to try next.

--------------------------

Faulting application name: ActEmail.exe, version: 16.0.291.0, time stamp: 0x52164ef5
Faulting module name: XT3100Libu.dll, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a92f953
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00069dbf
Faulting process id: 0x21cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01ced75141cd2db9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\ActEmail.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\XT3100Libu.dll
Report Id: 83a6eb87-4344-11e3-a60e-842b2bad7aa7

Re: Act Mail not running for Act Version 16?

when you try to startup ActEmail, does the program lock up, or does it just seem to not acknowledge that you are trying to launch it?

If you go into Act! Diagnostics (Click start, type actdiag and press Enter) and view the database list, do you see ActEmailMessageStore listed there?
Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Nothing ever appears on the screen.  Depending on how I launch it Act itself locks up.  If I click on View -> Email Act does not lock up.  If I click on Write -> E-mail message  then Act does lock up.

When I look in process explorer I can see the Act email process listed but nothing ever appears on the screen and I see the message I posted in the Event Log.

When checking Act! Diagnostics I do see the ActEmailMessageStore listed.

A reinstall fixed this for me.  I originally had Act 2012 and upgraded that to Version 16.  I ran the uninstall for Act 16.  There were some files left in c:\program files(x86)\act after the uninstall.  I deleted all of those files and then re-installed Act 16. 

Everything seems to be working correctly now.