08-16-2017 08:35 AM
I am keeping a medical journal in the Notes section of the Me record. When I opened it to add today's entry the last two weeks were gone. After looking at possible places to recover the text from, I again opened the database and now the text is back. Why is this happening and is there a fix?
08-16-2017 12:02 PM
It is set to all dates. I just reindexed and all the data is still there. I'll check again tomorrow to see what happens and I'll set up a recurring task to reindex to remind me.
08-17-2017 06:10 AM
I did what you recommended and the missing data reappeared. But when I checked this a.m. the same parts were missing. I made a copy on notepad yesterday and will just use that instead of Act!
I suspect that this problem is because I've exceeded the maximum field size, so I tried to look up Note (or Notes) in the field definitions but it doesn't appear. I'm going to quit worrying about why it occurred and just use Notepad.
08-17-2017 07:32 AM
Out of curiosity how large where some of the notes that you were adding, it is great that a reindex is bringing them back and the data is not lost.
I do know that Notes/History over 2MB can cause issues with syncing a remote database but they would not disappear.
08-17-2017 08:10 AM
Not large at all. About 150 lines of less than 50 characters each.
I just reindexed and it didn't help, the same parts of the data are still lost. I'll delete that note and use Notepad instead!