Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Losing notes data

Tuned Listener

Act! Losing notes data

I am keeping a medical journal in the Notes section of the Me record.  When I opened it to add today's entry the last two weeks were gone.  After looking at possible places to recover the text from, I again opened the database and now the text is back.  Why is this happening and is there a fix?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Losing notes data

Check that the filter on notes is set to see all dates, users, etc. Look at Options if you made the notes private.

In ACT go to Tools and run database maintenance, re-index.

Tuned Listener

It is set to all dates.  I just reindexed and all the data is still there.  I'll check again tomorrow to see what happens and I'll set up a recurring task to reindex to remind me.

Tuned Listener

I did what you recommended and the missing data reappeared.  But when I checked this a.m. the same parts were missing.  I made a copy on notepad yesterday and will just use that instead of Act!

I suspect that this problem is because I've exceeded the maximum field size, so I tried to look up Note (or Notes) in the field definitions but it doesn't appear.  I'm going to quit worrying about why it occurred and just use Notepad. 

Tuned Listener

I did find a workaround.  Act! will allow me to add the Notepad file as an attached document,

Hi Sepposam,

Out of curiosity how large where some of the notes that you were adding, it is great that a reindex is bringing them back and the data is not lost.

I do know that Notes/History over 2MB can cause issues with syncing a remote database but they would not disappear.

Tuned Listener

Not large at all.  About 150 lines of less than 50 characters each. 

I just reindexed and it didn't help, the same parts of the data are still lost.  I'll delete that note and use Notepad instead!