Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Link to Sage Line 50

Act! Link to Sage Line 50

There seems very little support for Act! Link to Sage Line 50 online and in forums. I have a couple of fundamental issues with this Act!/Sage link, (currently using Act! 2008 and Sage line 50 2009, also tested with Act!2009 but same results)...

1. all seems to basically work and contacts link okay but 'last update summary' never seems to write any form of log

2. I do need to link an extra Sage field to Act!...

I want the "ACCOUNT_REF" field from Sage to link to a 'userfield' or a newly created field in Act! so that the account number can be shown in the contacts view and on reports, sounds simple and I can configure it but no transfer of data happens in the field. (currently this information is only visible on the 'sage accounting program' tab on the contacts view)

Worked once on one record when I forced a new Act! contact to be created from a Sage account but this field does not update with normal linking, seems very unreliable and very little ever written on this subject in the help pages or the forums.

My new Act! field is configured as 8 characters and Sage/Act! link account has ‘full access’ rights so there should not be any issues or read/write problems.

I have also tried with several other Sage fields (ACCOUNT_STATUS & ACCOUNT_ON_HOLD) but with the same results - the options for new fields within Act! and the options for extra links from Sage are all in place yet they do not seem to work ... or am I missing something obvious ??

Thanks

Re: Act! Link to Sage Line 50

bump!