Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act!Link for Pocket PC will not synchronize

Act!Link for Pocket PC will not synchronize

I have installed Act!LInk for pocket PC that came with the ACT! 10 disk. The program works fine on an XP system, but does not synchronize on a Vista system. The Cingular 8125 connects with the Sync Center, and synchronizes, but Outlook contacts synchronize, not the ACT! contacts.  Any suggestions?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act!Link for Pocket PC will not synchronize

Try this article in the ACT! Knowledge Base - http://tinyurl.com/yow6l7

I prefer to use Handheld Contact to sync with ACT! and PocketPC or Blackberry. If you want to try it, you can download a trial from www.GLComputing.com.au/HHC

Thanks, Mike, but I have three VERY large reservations. Nowhere online can I find out what the Handheld Contact service costs. I do not want to pay for the cell phone data downloads. Why should I pay for an outside service to do what I purchased ACT! to do. If I cannot get a resolution to this problem I am going back to Maximizer. As it stands now, I am using Outlook with Business Manager. ACT! has become useless to me.

Jim

The link I posted should have fixed what you posted, HHC is simply a better solution.

If you have a data plan for you cell (as many do) the data shouldn't be an issue.

It's cost can depend on your country... if you're in the US, I think it's US$239

Thanks again, Mike, but my problem is not that ACT! Link will not install, but that when I synchronize it goes through the process but nothing is changed on my PocketPC or my computer.

To turn on data to my phone would cost $240 per year. Add that to the $239 for the Hand link service, and it would cost $479 per year. Multiply that by 11 phones, and I have a whopping bill of $5,269.

Given that my sales people like Maximizer better, this may be a moot point, but I REALLY appreciate your help.

Jim

Re-reading you post with the new info... I would guess that you can sync the PoccketPC with just one database, Outlook or ACT!, and you have selected Outlook.

If this is the case, this wouldn't change with Maximizer.

One benefit of HHC is that it's data is seperate from the Outlook data unless you chose to copy one to the other.

I had the cost discussion regarding Handheld Contact with a friend recenlty... I said it costs me about $1 per day and saves me much more of my time than that :-)

Especially for a team of users, it has the advantage of central admin that most PDA solutions don't... including being able to wipe the ACT! data remotely if a device is lost.

Thanks again, Mike! I wish I could buy you a beer.

When the SyncCenter is set up to only Outlook, everything works well. When the SyncCenter is set up to synchronize to only ACT!, the sync appears to work well, but nothing is changed on the PocketPC.

Jim

I don't drink American beer ;-)

As I said, I use HHC, so don't know the included sync option.

But have you follow all the instructions at http://tinyurl.com/2c287s

Make sure you have backed up both ACT! and Outlook incase you duplicate records when setting this up

Thanks, Mike. I will try the link info.

The only beer we have in the US comes from local microbreweries, and it does not knock me on my keister like Aussie beer.

Jim

The beer we send to the US is the stuff we don't drink :-)

I actually prefer Belguim beer - Chimay Bleu