Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Link for Pocket PC & ActiveSync render pc unusable without reboot

Act Link for Pocket PC & ActiveSync render pc unusable without reboot

My recent switch form Palm OS to Pocket PC has turned into a moment of misery...

Downloaded the most recent ActiveSync from MS, installed Act Link for Pocket PC from installation CD.

ActiveSync is set to not open when device is connected, yet it does anyway. A sync takes about forty minutes during which time, and for up ten minutes after, the PC is unusable.. Resources are zero and open windows close one pixel at t a time. Once the Sync is done, ActiveSync starts over again Looking for Changes.

The ACT data installs to the device properly when the desktop overwrites the device, however a two way sync wrecks havoc... ended up with 7840 To-Do's yesterday.

When the device is disconnected it takes as much as ten minutes before ActiveSync detects the missing device. Manually stopping the sync does nothing.. ActiveSync just keeps cycling.

I tried CompanionLink prior to using the Act Link, I don't need the added fields in the device, nor do I want the added complexity of CL.

Running Win XP with up-to-date SP's / ACT! 2007 / ActiveSync v4.5 / Sprint Mogul with v6.0 update
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Link for Pocket PC & ActiveSync render pc unusable without reboot

Pretty sure that the included link doesn't work with Windows Moble 6 (which you say you've updated to) as per this article in the ACT! Knowledge Base - http://tinyurl.com/2897ot

You might need to try CompanionLink, or I usually recommend Handheld Contact for the best connection