Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Link for Pocket PC Does Not Transfer Contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act! Link for Pocket PC Does Not Transfer Contacts

I installed Act! 2008 version 10.2  Installed Act! Link for Pocket PC version 10.2  In Link I created a subset to sync 484 contacts.  Link is set to overwrite contacts on my Treo 700wx.  It erases my contacts from the Treo, but does not transfer any contacts back to my Treo.  Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author SonnyFL
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act! Link for Pocket PC Does Not Transfer Contacts

[ Edited ]

I hope this helps someone else.  After uninstalling and reinstalling ACT Link for Pocket PC several times, it still would not work.  After performing the steps at this link (How the Manually Remove ACT! Link for Pocket PC):

LINK

and then reinstalling ACT Link for Pocket PC, it finally worked.

It seems the uninstall process does NOT remove several items ACT Link puts on one's computer.  This is a reoccurring and frustrating problem with ACT products. (hint hint)

Note to GL Computing:  The link you originally provided did help lead me to the link that resolved my issue.  Thank you!  The "Handheld Contact" product you are selling, though intriguing, is simple too expense for me to pursue.

Message Edited by SonnyFL on 06-09-2008 11:07 AM
{link edited to fix scrolling issue}
Message Edited by tashina on 06-09-2008 03:24 PM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

This is from a previous version of ACT!, but might still be the right solution - http://tinyurl.com/4pnjys

Personally, I find Handheld Contact to be a much better option to sync to Windows Mobile or Blackberry smart phones. 

Solution
Accepted by topic author SonnyFL
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

I hope this helps someone else.  After uninstalling and reinstalling ACT Link for Pocket PC several times, it still would not work.  After performing the steps at this link (How the Manually Remove ACT! Link for Pocket PC):

LINK

and then reinstalling ACT Link for Pocket PC, it finally worked.

It seems the uninstall process does NOT remove several items ACT Link puts on one's computer.  This is a reoccurring and frustrating problem with ACT products. (hint hint)

Note to GL Computing:  The link you originally provided did help lead me to the link that resolved my issue.  Thank you!  The "Handheld Contact" product you are selling, though intriguing, is simple too expense for me to pursue.

Message Edited by SonnyFL on 06-09-2008 11:07 AM
{link edited to fix scrolling issue}
Message Edited by tashina on 06-09-2008 03:24 PM