Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Link for Palm OS says it can't find the database

Act! Link for Palm OS says it can't find the database

Act 2010, ver 12.1.181

Act! Link for Palm OS, version 1

Windows XP Home Edition and all is up to date

Trying to sync with Palm Visor  (I know, it's old, but my wife still likes it)

I am reconstructing an old XP machine so I can get this Palm Visor to sync with Act 2010.  I've got HotSync configured and ActLink for Palm OS configured (I think), but when I do a sync Hotsync gives the following error:

"Before you can synchronize ACT! data, you need to specify an ACT! database name."

ActLink has the database specified and the sync set specified, so it's weird that Hotsync says that a database is not specified.

One other oddity is that within Act itself, under Tools/SynchronizationPanel I don't get the ActLink screens/menus, when I am sure on the old setup they were there.  Also, when I do a Handheld Setup it tells me that ActLink for Palm OS is not installed.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and still it doesn't know it's there.

Any help would be appreciated.  I've already spent several hours on this so there is something I'm doing wrong or not seeing.

Thanks,

Bob

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Link for Palm OS says it can't find the database

Thanks for the quick reply, Mike.  Those articles reinforce that I have done things correctly.

It seems that for some reason Act!12 doesn't think that Act!Link for Palm OS is installed because when I go to Configure Handheld it gives me an error message and tells me to install it.

Any other thoughts?

bob

Platinum Elite Contributor