Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

[ Edited ]

Gary,

Should give a more drilled down path in case he does not know this:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data\HistoryQueue

Now BTW interesting you bring this up.  I JUST sent an email and it did not get recorded to History and I do see the msg in the Que folder.  

Record to History just stopped working (there is no ACT mail to resolve icon in lower right task tray) because while I was writing the earlier Post on steps to check the Tools email system wizard setup. I did not follow all the way through after I saw what I wanted and just canceled it.  Thinking there would be no changes saved to the ACT Address Outlook Book setting.

Correction before using the Add-in I closed and opened Outlook back up got message to redefine the address book DB (see JPG), so I Removed DB and Added back in.  Then when I tried using Add-in to take the sent email and record to History I got two ACT Address Book setting messages to approve (see Pic of one of them). After saying Yes to both the pop-up to find the contact record to record history to worked.

AddressBooksDB.jpg

I run a 3rd party 4Team, Sync2 App/ service to sync my outlook contacts, calendar, Tasks with Google Gmail account.  For a long time until 2 months ago I was getting corrupt Outlook Profile.  They look at it and I would have to recreate it profile. Which would mess up what ACT had setup.

Bottom line I think there are add-on's and or steps like I did that alter the ACT settings.  If a better Way to really lock them down it would help everyone. 

ACT_Addressbook_Message1.jpg

JM

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thank You!

But, I turned off Office Updates in June believing, apparently incorrectly, that ACT would be happy with that version of Office.

Today, I was told to downgrade Office to Version: 16.0.4229.1024.

Can someone at Swiftpage tells us once and for all what version of Office 365 to install that will not result in problems?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

princeedwardh,

I am running ACT Prem 19.2.146.0 Update 2 with Office 365 32bit 1706 (Build 8229.2073 Click-to-Run). I've not heard of problems with 64 bit, but if you really don't need it stick with 32bit.

It is not that bad so do as I did uninstall ACT then Office reboot then install Office, reboot then install ACT 19.2 Update (590MB file) and then install ACT! v19.2 Update 2 (3.6MB file).

https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-premium-v19-downloads

To run Latest Office with older version of ACT there is a KB.

What issues have been fixed in Act! updates?

Answer ID 36573 | Updated 06/30/2017 02:25 PM

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36573/session/L3RpbWUvMTUwMDAwNDAzNC9zaWQvQmx5Tl94bm4%3D

JM

Highlighted

I uninstalled Outlook, and ACT!, and reinstalled Outlook, this time the 64 version, and then ACT 19.2 from the update list, and then with the Update 2, and everything so far seems to be working. Fingers are crossed!

Highlighted

I have to add that it twigged with me when you mentioned the 32 versus 64 differences. Since I was using the 64 version of ACT!, in a Windows 10 64 environment, it occurred to me that I should probably use the 64 version of Office 365.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

I don't think ACT is true 64 bit App just works under Win 10 64bit.

Only people that need Office 64 bit would be those running real big spreadsheets over 2GB in need of more addressable memory range to work faster.

JM

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

I posted this also in another message post since I think they share same issues.

Today July 17th after PC boot up and started Outlook I got the pop-up ACT Address book service not properly configured. I see MS$ office version just updated (I had left Office Updates On) was Office 365 32bit 1706 (Build 8229.2073 Click-to-Run) now (build 8229.2086).

I followed steps to configure address book to DB and had to delete the DB and re-add it. Then close and start Outlook back up to see icons are back.

If you don't do this and you send emails out they will not get recorded into ACT contact record and just sit in an ACT History Que folder.

A. I'm going to Turn OFF, perform automatically Office Updates.

B. Below is screen shots what I'm talking about to correct problem.

Add-In_missingSteps.jpg

I just edit this post to add I got outlook pop-up.  Probably triggered when Sync2 by 4Team to sync my Google contacts, calendar and tasks with Outlook.

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request" error message when you send e-mail from third-party program in Outlook"

outlookmailclienterror.jpg

MS Outlook KB Either there is no default mail Client

If it pops up again after I do a PC reboot.  Will see if I can stop it by going into Outlook Account Settings | Address Books-Tab and remove and add back the ACT! Address Book. Which is exactly what I already did earlier when ACT prompted me to.  This is the round and round I spoke of earlier this month when Office does update kills Add-in then after fixing it one way I get this other annoying pop-up reminder.  If I still get the pop-up even though Add-In icon for email into History contact record is working I'll run the MS$ Easy Fix It link to address registry that is hard to believe is corrupt?

JM

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

So no updated fix for outlook integration with ACT Pro V16? 

That is ridiculous, I have been using ACT since 1992, I see no reason to update constantly when I do not need any of the "new" features yet. Where is the fix for ACT Pro 16?

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Mollie,

Sadly, Act! v16 has now reached it's end of life and no longer receives software feature or compatibility updates.
If you are using Office 2016, then I'd recommend you upgrade Act!, as this version of Office is only compatible with Act! v18 and newer. Here's more info on Office compatibility, and our obsolescence policy.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Afraid an upgrade of ACT is too expensive based on my experience with the software's capabilities and desire to maintain compatibility with beneficial accompanying programs. Looking into other CRMs - thanks but no thanks.