Synchronizing Contacts

DESCRIPTION

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

EXCEPTION

Act.Outlook.Service.Desktop

SOURCE

Act.Outlook.Service.Desktop

CALL STACK

at Act.Outlook.Service.Desktop.ConfigurationService.CheckConfiguredDatabaseInfoAgainstAddressbook(IDatabaseInfo configuredDatabase)

at Act.Outlook.Service.Desktop.ConfigurationService.get_Database()

at Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.ContactSynchronizer.SyncAllContacts(IConfigurationService configurationService)

Highlighted

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Since worldwidegaming seemed to have the same problems as me, I followed your direction to re-register redemption64.dll.

Unfortunately, I still find that ACT! crashes when I try to click on an email, and while the program says that it successfully integrated the files, nothing really happens. As a result, my email and my ACT! are becoming further and further apart.

The described error is Error in _HrGetIDsFromNames: 800707BA and the Exception is Redemption.RDOContactItem

I am working with WIndows 10, 64 Bit, ACT! Pro Version 19.2.146.0. Update 2, and Office365 16.0.4229,1024 32-bit

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @worldwidegaming,

Please could you let us know what the full build number is for the version of Outlook you're using?

Please could you also test a couple of different scenarios for troubleshooting purposes, trying to synchronise each time:

• Try running Act! and Outlook as Administrator in Windows
  • Test using another Act! database (create one if you don't have another)
  • Try while logged in as a different Windows user
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @mmurton,

As you are using 32-bit Office, re-registering redemption64.dll won't have any effect as this is only used in 64-bit installs of Office. 

Try re-registering redemption.dll in the same way.

What is the exact error message you receive after clicking on an email address?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I am going to say something that is really not nice.  In fact, it is bad, Bad, BAD.

I was so very pleased yesterday.  I was so very happy yesterday.  I was so very..........relieved?

I was talking to a fellow small business owner.  The expletives were a flyin' around.  His blood pressure was near to stroke level.  His fists were clenched.

His CRM was screwing up his life with sync problems.

"ALL I WANT TO DO IS TO WORK!", he proclaimed.

He sounded like and he felt like I do.

I learned that I wasn't alone.

"What CRM do you use?", I asked.

It wasn't ACT.

I was so very pleased yesterday.  I was so very happy yesterday.  I was so very..........relieved?

Here is the thing that technology vendors just don't get.

We are customers of their technology.  We are the reason for their existence.  We pay their bi-weekly salaries.

Now, we targeted customers of these technology vendors, we business owners, do not enjoy a luxury that the employees of the software vendor have - a fully funded, bi-weekly paycheck.

Every time we are forced to fix a software problem, we lose money because the down time not only costs us money directly out of pocket but also it costs us in lost revenue.

Software vendors do not understand, and I profess don't care about, their customers.

I have asked countless people at Swiftpage and I have asked numerous times in this Community for Swiftpage to publish best practices, easy to understand, to implement, to maintain.

Quite frankly, this thread in the Community should not exist.

It should not exist because Swiftpage should have a desire not to have such a thread exist in the first place.

If I were an owner of Swiftpage, I would ask one simple question: What do we need to do as to reduce customer problems by 75% thereby redirecting our costly internal resources to other endeavors and to increase sales touting an up time far, far superior to our competitors?

Throughout this thread that I created, I hear clearly and loudly the discontent of Swiftpage's customers.  However, I don't think Swiftpage hears its customers and no doubt Swiftpage's executives go about saying things like "valuable" customer., "it's easier to keep a customer than to get a new customer", etc.

Anyway.....................let's see what today brings.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Well, I didn't have to wait long to see what this day would bring me.

Right out of the gate, ACT is not capturing email in History.

First thing I do in my attempt to run my business is to send a highly important email and the next thing that I have to do is to stop and to fix ACT, again.

Swiftpage just does not get it.

The functionality of its software is not optional.  It's not a "nice to have".  It was not purchased so that the customer perpetually fixes it, rather than use it.

The email that I sent has legal consequences that could materialize in a few years.  Having a record of that email is a legal requirement imposed upon me by any number of regulations and legislation.

Swiftpage represents, pre-sale, that ACT captures email in History.  Swiftpage accepted my money in consideration for providing to me software that it represents pre-sale.

Yet for the umpteenthy time, ACT is not functioning as represented pre-sale.  The excuses are abundant as to why this situation is acceptable, from Swiftpage's point of view.

And, no best practices have been promulgated by Swiftpage as to avoid such problems as a final resolution.

Good Grief!

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi princeedwardh,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations. I assure you, we want every one of our customers to be able to use Act!, and have the software work without issue, as it does for the majority of our customers. It's easy to see how running into issues can affect your daily business workflow, as we understand the importance of the information and data that you store in Act! every day.

We're currently tracking some further issues with the Outlook integration features of Act!, and are gathering information from our support teams so that we have a complete picture of how these issues are affecting customers. The most effective way to get help with this currently is to give us a call and work with our support team to troubleshoot issues in real time.
Highlighted

Hi Gary,

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365 (64 bit) and then ACT! to see if the problem was occurring because of using the 32 bit version of Office. That is allowing me to write e-mail from ACT, rather than crashing the program. It is not, however, recording any history of the e-mail.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

mmurton,

What version of ACT you install?

You need to got to Downloads and get Update2 to run latest version Office 365.  

You should see the problem going to Preferences | (Tab) E-mail & Outlook Sync | E-mail System Setup | Step 2 of Wizard Microsoft Outlook  (recommended) not showing up.

After this fix if still no out going email History recorded and or missing ACT Add-in Toolbar Icon (to send a received email to record as History) you need to close Outlook, open Control Panel, Open Mail, open Email Account, got to Tab Address Book, remove Outlook Address Book, close mail reopen it then re-add that book.

JM

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi mmurton,

In regards to the email histories not recording, could you check in your HistoryQueue folder, and move any files ending in .xml or .msg out of the folder to see if these were causing any hangups.
This folder can be found at %AppData%\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data\HistoryQueue