Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

I am having the same issue, every time I click on an email in my ACT program to send an email through Outlook, I get the error, ACT has stopped working and I have to reopen it.

I am using ACT v 16 with the latest downloads. Office 365 click to run with Outlook 2016, windows 10 on a 64 bit system.

This is the error from the Windows Error log: 

Failed to connect to the driver: -2147024894, retrying in 1000 milliseconds

+System

-Provider
   [ Name]DbxSvc

-EventID320
   [ Qualifiers]16386

Level4

Task3

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated
   [ SystemTime]2017-07-10T23:05:13.932369600Z

EventRecordID360859

ChannelApplication

ComputerAd2

Security
-EventData
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

ACT V16 is not compatible or supported with your version of Outlook. A recent change to Outlook Office 2016 made the situation worse so you may have to upgrade to a compatible version Of ACT or buy Outlook 2013 very cheaply on the internet and use that.

Matrix of ACT version and Office versions -

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29499/~/supported-versions-of-microsoft%C2%AE-office-by-ve...

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Nothing.

I bought ACT for several reasons.

I am out in the field daily making sales.  I need to manage my contact relationships inside the office and outside of the office.  I need my contact and calendar data on my iPhone.  My Exchange server syncs Outlook contact and calendar data onto my iPhone, beautifully well.

The sync between ACT and Outlook just does not work with any level of accuracy.  Engaging Swiftpage has only produced excuses of why it is A-OK Fine, Peachy Keen and Hunky Dory that the sync does not work with any level of accuracy.

Noting that I missed 3 revenue generating appointments because of this sync was not even acknowledged by Swiftpage.

Currently, I am struggling as to the effectiveness of customer relationship management as provided through technology.  I spend more time fixing the technology than using it.

I can get no one at Swiftpage to provide best practices for getting my contact and calendar data contained in ACT onto my iPhone.  I can only conclude that ACT is designed to provide CRM technology within the confines of a businesses' walls and from behind a computer screen.  ACT is not designed to work outside of the walls of the business.  So, if you have a business that depends on sales outside of the walls of the business then ACT is not a good solution.

I do think that paper and pencil is more efficient, and less stressful.

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi princeedwardh,

For accessing your Act! contact data on your iPhone without syncing, I'd suggest trying the Act! Companion app, or using the mobile web interface available though Act! Premium Cloud or Act! Premium for Web.

There are many different ways of achieving what you wish to do. Act! can be very flexible when it comes to deployment types, and how you access your contact data. We'll support you with any of these different methods, so if you are running into problems, then I'd suggest raising a web ticket, and we'll lend a hand.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I have used ACT since 1992 and have never seen any desire on the developers part to make it more useful to the user, the pattern has been to require the user spend more money..... 

I am not even thinking about upgrading to a newer version, instead if I have to purchase new software, it is time to research competitive options. Salesforce, Access, infusion soft, maximizer, gold-vision, etc. 

Thanks for your response. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thank You!

Please help me think this through.

I am open to ACT Companion.

1) Would contact data and calendar data exist on the native iPhone apps?

I ask because for the last CRM app that I used on my iPhone I was told pre-sale that the name of the person calling me would display on the phone.  In

point of fact, names did not display of phone when a call came in.  I was informed, later and post sale, that the name of the person calling would not display     because the name was not in the native contacts app.  Also, the native calendar app was blank.

2) Is ACT Companion dependent on a cell signal and/or Wi Fi?

I ask because if I am in a remote location and, for whatever reason, I will want to look at contact info or calendar info in ACT Companion.  I can do so when

contacts and calendar have been synced to the native apps.

3) ACT Companion is cumbersome to login on a small device.  Can the thumb print biometrics on my iPhone be used for logging in?  If not, what are best practices for logging in because, quite frankly, I will never remember the web address.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

The error occurred after Act! completed compiling a list of it's contacts and showed up in the Outlook Sync History window:

CONTEXT

Synchronizing Contacts

DESCRIPTION

Error in IAddrBook.OpenEntry: MAPI_E_UNKNOWN_ENTRYID

EXCEPTION

Redemption.AddressEntry

SOURCE

Redemption.AddressEntry

CALL STACK

at Redemption.IAddressEntry.get_MAPIOBJECT()

at Act.Outlook.Integration.OutlookContact.GetData(ContactProperty prop)

at Act.Outlook.Integration.OutlookContact.GetEmailAddresses()

at Act.Outlook.Integration.Utility.GetOutlookContactList(ProgressService progressService)

at Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.ContactSynchronizer.SyncAllContacts(IConfigurationService configurationService)

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Windows 10, 64 bit

Office365, 64 bit

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @princeedwardh

In answer to your questions:

1. No, the data is accessed live from your database via the API, and is only accessible though the Act! Companion app's contact list and calendar features.
  2. For the above reason, yes, an active internet connection is required to access your contact data (either wifi or cellular).
  3. In a recent update, we have improved  the sign in user experience, and the server address is saved unless explicitly removed. Login using fingerprint is a good suggestion that I will pass along to the team.

From what you've asked for, it sounds like a better solution for you would be a recommended third-party app. Check out www.handheldcontact.com

This supports:

• Offline access to data
  • Syncing with native phone contacts app (calendar data is only accessible in app)
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @worldwidegaming,

Please could you try re-registering the redemption file found in your Act! install directory? Follow these steps:

1. Close Act! and Office applications
  2. In the same folder where Act!.exe is, locate the file Redemption64.dll
  3. Drag this file on to regsvr32.exe
  4. Click OK on the prompt if successful
  5. Try doing the same action again that we producing the error message earlier