Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Administrator

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Hi princeedwardh,

The Act! Outlook integration is designed to be used when a single Outlook profile is in use. It does not support switching between profiles, and is not recommended to be used in multi-profile environments. Though testing, there are some features that are expected to work in these cases, such as outbound email history recording, however contact and calendar sync would not update between active profiles.

If you would like to test this functionality in your own environment, I would suggest downloading and installing a Demo version of Act! and evaluating these particular features.

Is there any update as to when Microsoft will fix this problem?

Administrator

We haven't yet received any indications of timescales from Microsoft, but we're also working on our own resolution to the problem as our top priority.
Copper Contributor

I gave up on this 4 months ago.

I have just paid my money for a second piece of 3rd party software to get this ACT functionality to work for which Sage represents in all of its marketing.

We put a man on the moon in 1969 but it is beyond the technological capabilities of mankind in 2017 to sync contacts and calendars between two different pieces of software.

BUT, it is not beyond the capabilities of mankind to tell customers, pre-sale, that their software works as represented knowing full well that it does not, to collect our money and to then tell us why it is A-OK Fine, Peachy Keen and Hunky Dory that the software that they represented to us, pre-sale, does not work, why WE should have known that their software does not work as THEY represent to us, why it is all OUR fault, not theirs,, and why it is OK that they took our money, and keep it.

What software did you get that finally resolved the issue?

It is ironic that I have been using Act since 1992, and the inaction on this is forcing me to reconsider whether I can continue. I can understand that integration between software from two different vendors can sometimes create breaks in utility. However, what I cannot understand is why it is not being addressed in a timely fashion.

I applied the workaround that took Outlook back to where it was supposed to work. What I discovered on implementation of the bat file was that the integration module said that it was working, but in fact, was not actually linking anything.

Fix it Act.

Administrator

Hi mmurton,

We have now released updates to resolve the issues which used to require Office to be reverted to an earlier version.
Please see the following Knowledgebase article for more info on these updates: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38803
JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI,

Even though after uninstall Office 365 and ACT 19.2 then re-install them and the ACT patch HF2 I still got the Act.Integration error pop-up. In another post after trying something it did not help.  I just spotted this post and re-installed HF2 and now the error, so far has not appeared after reboot but I got a Trendmicro warning about Outlook so I added it to ignore list (see attached PIC). So far no more Act.Integration error pop-up.

Trendmicro_IgnoreList.jpg

JM 

Updated to the latest fix and tried the sync again.

Still fails.  Although this time it's with a redemption.dll error - so, I ran scanpst, removed the metadata files from act/outlook sync folder, and re-registered the redemption64 dll.

No luck at all.  It continues to fail to run.

Administrator

Hi worldwidegaming,

What is the exact error message that you're seeing that mentions redemption.dll?

Are you using a 64bit installation of Office?