Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

I hope this isn't your "Fix" for the issue as preventing any further updates to Office365 so ACT and Outlook can stay in sync is not a tenable solution.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Look for a fix from MS soon. (Was a problem they caused in one of their updates.)

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi worldwidegaming,

As ch1p has already mentioned, we expect Microsoft to release a fix for this issue as it has been caused by an update they released for Office.

Additionally we have been working on improvements in this area for Act! v19. We'll be monitoring the situation closely and will continue testing.

There has also been some further information on this issue posted in another thread here.

Copper Contributor

Any update on this fix?  ACT is losing its usefulness if we can't sync contacts in our contact database...

Administrator

Hi jgentsch,

Microsoft have not yet released a fix for this issue. The following thread has some more detail on the issue, and also has steps to workaround this issue for the time being: http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/Crashing-while-syncing-with-Outlook-2016-may-be-related-to-a...

Just upgraded to version 19.  I have had problems for years integrating Act! with Outlook contacts but I could always integrate the calendar.  Since I upgrade from 18 to 19 I cannot even sync the calendar.  Total integration works only with Google. Why advertise that Act! integrates with Outlook?

Administrator

Hi donp,

Please can you let us know if you are receiving the same error that is described in the first post of this thread (Act.Integration has stopped working)?
If you're seeing a different error, I would suggest starting a new thread so that we can help you troubleshoot this further.
Copper Contributor

I've used ACT for something like 18 years and I'm amazed at this regression of features.  What's the point of using contact software if it doesn't sync with your primary email, contacts or calendar? Microsoft and Outlook are here to stay around this office, so the only thing I can change is ACT.

Administrator

Microsoft have released an updated version of Outlook that is reported to fix this issue. Please see the following knowledgebase article for more info: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580
Copper Contributor

Please confirm that ACT sync will work with multiple Outlook profiles.

To be clear:

1. ACT version 19 is installed and running
  2. MS Outlook is installed and not running
  3. Upon starting MS Outlook, multiple profiles are listed for the user to select.
  4. The user selects the profile of choice.
  5. All features and functionality of ACT version 19 that integrate, work with, utilize, or any other verb, with Outlook will operate 100% perfectly fine as tested by SwiftPage and release to the paying customer.

Thank You