Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

I am also experiencing this issue. I am suspecting that you need to install .NET 4.6.2 to fix it. I am trying it now, will report back.

OK that didn't work but it did let the loading bar get further.

Now it actually makes an error in the log for catastrophic failure instead of just crashing and telling me nothing. I am updating my drivers now to see if this fixes it.

I also tried updating .NET without any luck. Drivers are all current.

Ya updating the drivers and BIOS didn't work for me either. In the end we just decided to roll the PC back to the 2013 version of Office 365 and reinstalled Act! to restore the add-in.
I recomend using the microsoft fixit removal tool (Option 2) for office at:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-2016-Office-2013-or-Office-365-from-a-PC-9...

Or you can use Revo Uninstaller to completely wipe it out: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
Administrator

If you're experiencing this issue, please can you verify if the Click-to-run version of Outlook is installed, and let us know?

The following article explains how to check: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff864733.aspx

We're on 2016 without a physical CD install that was upgraded from a 2013 CD copy, so yes, it's Click-To-Run.

Sorry...I'm not an IT person so I need the 'for dummies' version!.  Looking in the registry,  mine looks like this:     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore.  That terminates with Name=Default, Type= REG_SZ and Data= no value set. 

I don't have a "\common\InstallRoot...." option after ...Office\15.0\.

Running Office 2016 installed from an office365 subscription. 

Administrator

Could anyone experiencing this error please also post details of any errors that appear in Windows Event Viewer that were logged around the time the error occurred?

Event Viewer can be opened using Windows Key+R > eventvwr.exe

The error will appear under Windows Logs > Application

mmc_2016-10-28_11-11-58.png

i received these errors.  

Then I ran calendar sync, and it worked fine.  Than attempted Contact sync again and the Act integration process just froze (instead of the error).  I eventually had to quit the process after 1/2 hour as it was preventing me from opening Outlook.

2016-10-28 (3).png

Administrator

Hi jgentsch,

In the Application Error, I can see that the Faulting module name is being reported as mso30win32client.dll.

We have recently had another report of this issue, and it appears to be due to an issue with Microsoft Office 2016 Click-to-Run based installations. There is a Microsoft KB article on this issue, which details the error occurring with other software, with a workaround listed. In our testing, the workaround also solved the issue when Act is integrating with Outlook.

Please could you try the workaround, and test syncing contacts again?