Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

So can I just ignore it?

Using an actual Outlook account and current ACT database on a dummy user profile will cause big problems with keeping my real user profile and data coordinated.

Highlighted
Administrator

IF the only issue you're getting is that Act.Integration.exe is crashing - then yes. This service is ONLY used for calendar/contact sync, and you could just ignore it if it crashes.

However, if you're getting errors regarding the 32-bit.Outlook.Service.exe crashing, then this will affect features that you do use, like email history recording.
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Hi Jon

Only Act.Integration.exe crashes - never had an error saying 32-bit.Outlook.Service.exe crashed. However, I do have a silly problem with Google Calendar which you are trying to help resolve:

https://community.act.com/t5/Act/Personal-amp-Vacation-Activity-Durantions-Keep-Getting-Changed/m-p/...

I'm simply trying to maintain a working electronic calendar that I can access on the go. If we cannot sort Google, then I may have to use Outlook. Will this mean that if Act.Integration.exe crashes it will cause problems with an Outlook calendar? 

PS ironically when responding this popped up:

ACT email 3.PNGIs there ant error log to check that might help?

Highlighted
Administrator

THe Act Integration service will likely only be crashing while running a scheduled sync.

I'd recommend going to Tools > Synchronise with Outlook > Outlook Synchronisation Preferences and make sure that both Calendar Sync and Contact Sync are set to Do not synchronise.

It's possible that these have just never been set up correctly, but have been turned on at some point which is why it's regularly crashing. It may be that if you do decide to run through and set them up, they may work fine.
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

They were both set to not sync. But in "schedule automatic synchronisation" it was set to hourly. Have now set to None.

Could that have been the culprit?

Highlighted

Jon, I am hoping that you can help me. I have posted previously when this issue first appeared, and since I had a Windows 10 meltdown, I have had to reinstall everything.

As a result, I am using Build 8730.2165, or version 1711 of Office 365, and I am using Act! 19.2

Nothing is attaching.

I am about to reinstall Office and then Act! yet again (3rd time) and would like any ideas that might help this one to be the charm.

Alternatively, and not in a happy way, I am considering buying Office 2016 and being done with it...although I am unclear as to whether that will even fix this.

Highlighted

All is good. Everything appears to be linking as expected after my reinstallation and checking the appropriate box in add-ins in Outlook.

Highlighted
Administrator

Thanks for the update mmurton, glad you got it sorted!
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi Jon

You said:

THe Act Integration service will likely only be crashing while running a scheduled sync.
I'd recommend going to Tools > Synchronise with Outlook > Outlook Synchronisation Preferences and make sure that both Calendar Sync and Contact Sync are set to Do not synchronise.
It's possible that these have just never been set up correctly, but have been turned on at some point which is why it's regularly crashing. It may be that if you do decide to run through and set them up, they may work fine.

They were both set to not sync. But in "schedule automatic synchronisation" it was set to hourly. Have now set to None.

Could that have been the culprit?

Highlighted
Administrator

Is the crashing continuing now that it's been disabled? If so, then it likely was the cause.

It makes sense to me, that if it was trying to sync hourly, but the sync was set to disabled it could have caused some sort of conflict and crashed.