Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Highlighted

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

princeedwardh,

You are so very correct! The hours of frustration that I have spent over the past several months trying to solve this issue are not believable. I have implemented every "fix" that I have encountered on numerous forums. I have uninstalled and re-installed both ACT! and office 365. Changed my version of Outlook, disabled updates in Outlook 2016, etc., etc. Everything that has been suggested, I have done- Alas, to no avail.  I have used ACT! since it was a DOS based program. The anger that I have over this issue prompted to quit using ACT! (v19 premium pc version). I instead have temporarily reverted to using a pencil and pad to record my histories and actions. I continue to seek a solution when I have the time. Please allow me to illuminate my anger and frustration even further. In a time span of approximately 15 years of my life, I was employed in upper management with a Honda distributorship. Honda would absolutely not tolerate this type of issue for customers. Processes designed to immediately address issues and concerns by customers were part of a regimented discipline. Failure to follow such protocols and address customer concerns would precipitate in the presentation of one's head on a plate. My decades of loyalty to ACT! have been soured by this failure on their part to address an issue that makes the program unusable! There is no excuse.

Highlighted

IT IS LESS EXPENSIVE TO KEEP A CURRENT CUSTOMER, THAN IT IS TO ACQUIRE A NEW CUSTOMER. HAPPY CUSTOMERS REFER YOUR PRODUCT TO THEIR FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND BUSINESS CONTACTS. I HAVE USED ACT! SINCE IT WAS A DOS BASED PROGRAM! WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO HAVE THIS COMPANY RESPOND TO THE NEEDS OF IT'S CUSTOMERS??????Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I agree.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Agreed.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Agreed.  He is outstanding, in an environment setup for his personal failure, unfortunately.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regrettably, Swiftpage has not promulgate such a road map.  Swiftpage has directed us paying customers straight into heck.  We are lost, in heck.  Once we find a road map out, it will direct us away from Swiftpage to other destinations, never to visit Swiftpage again.

I just fired Sprint.  I found my road map out of that heck.  My destination was T-Mobile, which will happily collect my $450/month, as long as it keeps me out of heck.  My telecommunications road map will never, ever have Sprint on it again.

I rather imagine Swiftpage is experiencing what Sprint is experiencing.  I have found a new destination for my CRM.  I am traveling towards it, unfortunately.  It's solution for Outlook integration appears to be mature, which begs the question, "Why didn't Swiftpage see the writing on the wall, 4 years ago?"

Continuing the road map metaphor, Distance = Rate * Time.  Swiftpage has a lot of technological distance to catch up.  It's time is running out.  That means that the rate at which it must deploy a solution, that works, is most likely beyond its capacity.

The real risk to us customers is that, on this road map, Swiftpage is going to get run over, leaving us customers stranded on the side of the road.  Not Me.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Just started getting the "Act.Integration has stopped working..." warnings again (thought I had solved it months ago).

I've amended update settings on 365 admin portal to deferred so should now be on correct channel (don't know why it had changed as had previously set it to deferred?).

But how do I fix the current issue?

I've looked at the post but cannot see a recent fix.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Swiftpage announced on Facebook the Version 20 upgrade.

I commented asking if the insufferable issues of the Outlook integration has been solved.

The reply was that this issue would be addressed in version 20.1.

Can anyone at Swiftpage comment on whether or not version 20.1 is the definitive, Final Resolution of the issue with all Root Causes of the problems being thoroughly Tested prior to release to us Paying Customers who have long suffered this pain at high cost, monetarily, time, productivity, frustration, elevated blood pressure, etc.?

Is Version 20.1 the Final Resolution to fix all Outlook integration issues such that Swiftpage CEO H. John Oechsle can report to the Board of Directors that the hemorrhaging of customers to competitors has ceased?

I want to remain a Swiftpage customer, but, darn, Swiftpage is harming us all here. It is the best CRM out there, when it works.

As a minimum gesture, Swiftpage should credit us all with a 1 year subscription.  It will not be sufficient compensation but the goodwill will go a long way.

Highlighted
Administrator

@TZAL

It may be necessary to check to see that the channel update has actually applied - sometimes just being set to deferred doesn't actually 'trigger' the update to the correct version. You can check the version of Office by opening up Outlook, going to File > Office Account and then About Outlook...

The current recommended build is 16.0.8201.XXXX (32 bit) - if this is the build you're on then the issue isn't a build issue.

You can usually find more information about why the integration failed in the Synchronization Logs. To view these, right click on the "blue envelope" Act Integration service icon in the system tray in the bottom right of your PC, choose Sychronize with Outlook then View History.

If the logs point to any error messages, I'd recommend posting them here and we'll see if we can discern the cause.

@princeedwardh

I appreciate your frustration, I know that we've got a long way to go to restore trust with our customers in our ability to resolve problems quickly. With v20 released, our developers are actively focusing on problem resolution and bug fixes for Service Pack 1. We're aware that outlook integration is a feature that is important in the day to day operations of our users, and we are absolutely committed to making sure this important feature is working as well as it possibly can be.

This means staying ahead of updates from Microsoft, as well as patching up known issues and ensuring compatibility with older versions such as 2010.

As 20.1 is still in development, I can't speak to exactly what fixes will or won't be in the final release, but I do know that there are Office issues targeted for resolution in this build.
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi Jon

Thanks for the response.

I'm on Outlook 16.0.80660.2046 - is this the problem?

If so, how do I roll back?