Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Copper Contributor

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Jon -

There's already a number of people complaining that 20.1 still does not sync correctly (or at all) with MS Office 365.

When I read those posts out there and then see you guys claiming that it's fixed (again) I'm faced with a horrible choice:  Either believe a number of random people I don't know or believe the company that keeps making and then breaking the same promise.

There's a serious loss of trust with Swiftpage and ACT due to the actions of the last few years and I can't simply pay for yet another upgrade that may or may not work - especially when there's been ZERO effort from Swiftpage to help its embattled users.

I'm even willing to test the new version if you guys tossed me a full version with a license that's good for a week or two.

Administrator

Sure, you're more than welcome to trial 20.1 - you can sign up for a trial of the cloud version at act.com - or if you download the latest version from act.com/downloads you'll be able to use the desktop software for 30 days before registration is required.

One important note, if you open an older existing database in the 20.1 software, the database will be 'upgraded' to a 20.1 database. This upgrade process is IRREVERSIBLE - so make sure you have a backup of your data from before the upgrade!
Copper Contributor

How long is the "trial"?

Is the "trial" of sufficiently long duration that we can really "try" the statements of Swiftpage's statements on this Outlook issue, heretofore, statements which meet the legal requirements of MISREPRESENTATION.

I ask, because, in my profession, if I have a slight MISREPRESENTATION then I would be not only fined into bankruptcy but also thrown into jail.

Swiftpage has been at this particular egregious, Outllook MISREPRESENTATION for years, and years, and years. 

But, that's A-OK Fine, Peachy Keen and Hunky Dory, right?

Administrator

Our Cloud trial is a 14-day trial, and you're able to use the desktop software for 30 days before registration is required. Hopefully this should be enough time to assess if the new outlook features work for you.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

My first ACT 14 day trial led me into a year of problems with ACT, resulting in over 300 lost man hours to fix this Outlook integration, which Swiftpage sold to me stating that it worked.

NO, 14 days is not enough.

What else do you have to offer to get this former customer back?

I don't think Swiftpage cares about getting me or anyone back.

I told many people, many times, at Swiftpage that I wanted to stay as a customer, being a big, stupid chump.

NOW it is up to Swiftpage to pony up something different, something conclusive to woo us former customers back.

Punt this up the chain and come up with something.

Salesforce is awaiting my decision.

(I'd rather stay with ACT, but not if ACT is going to continue to screw me over, with absolutely NO concern about what it has intentionally inflicted upon us and not to anything to apologize for its abysmal treatment of its customers, which apparently are NOT of any importance to ACT.)

Administrator

We're aware that a portion of our users suffered with Office issues. and I'm sorry for the time you've spent on this. That's why we've developed the latest release to specifically resolve and prevent these types of issues in future.

Hopefully, the 14 day trial (or 30 days on desktop) would be enough time for you to test out the all-new Office integration with your system, and make sure that it works 100% in your environment.

I'm happy to help with any technical issues you experience and answer any technical queries, as well as handle any feedback you have about the product.