Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Sadly, I paid for the last two versions because "they integrated", and still don't.......do we get refunds if it doesn't work??

EMAIL FROM ACT!

We're excited to announce that later this month, we’ll be releasing our next generation of Outlook® integration, making it easier than ever to extend your connected workspace! Even more exciting, this feature is being made available to customers who upgrade to Act! Pro v20.

What does the next generation Outlook® integration do for you? We’re glad you asked.

• Sync your Act! and Outlook® contacts and calendar details using a modern, new engine that drives superior performance and enhanced duplicate checking.
  • Include images in your communications, for both new or existing templates using Mail Merge.
  • Works with newly supported popular Microsoft® platforms Office 365 and Exchange for additional convenience, flexibility, access options, and control.

But wait, there's more.

When you upgrade to Act! Pro v20 before March 30th, 2018 you’ll also receive 30 days of free support1 and can save 25%2 by upgrading for just $199/user! You can’t afford not to take advantage of this offer.

Administrator

Hi jgentsch,

The next update due for Act (v20.1) is what's going to contain the new Outlook integration system.

This has been completely rebuild using a more modern framework and is designed to work more effectively with modern versions of Office.

If you're unsure, chat to our sales team - they should be able to offer a trial of 20.1 once it's released - so you can give it a go and see if it works for you.
Silver Contributor

I am sticking my neck out but I do believe this update will be a giant step forward as it does not rely on the exchange method currently used that is so prone to issues and vulnerable to changes in Outlook updates. It is also a last chance for Swiftpage to recover from damage that has been caused by the current integration problems so they simply cannot afford to get this wrong. It has been in beta testing and the feedback I have been given is very positive

All we need now is a release date..  

Copper Contributor

I couldn't agree more.  We've stuck with ACT since the beginning even though it's been a very rough ride.  The last two versions took nearly an act of god to get the OK to purchase - based on the promise that this version will make things work (which was based on what ACT employees told us) - only to have things go from bad to worse.

Now, here I am again, getting yet another promise that 'This time it'll work. Really. We promise. We re-wrote it.'  All things that have been said before.

So, I'm curious, for those of us that have plowed money into your company over the years and especially for those of us who have believed what you've been saying, where's the freebie or massively discounted new v20.x?

Honestly, without that I seriously doubt that we'll ever continue with ACT as the powers that be are much more inclined to sink their funds into Salesforce instead of continuing to beat a dead horse.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi worldwidegaming,

I understand the points you make but would suggest you consider that this upgrade will be good and wait to see.

Also are you aware of the enormous cost of moving to another (probably much more costly) CRM system with all the conversion and training costs?

You could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

Yes, they are fully aware of the costs of moving.  Especially after utilizing ACT for so many years now.

Keep in mind that they were promised by ACT sales people (who I'm sure were just reading off the marketing info about the release) that the last two releases would absolutely allow them to integrate ACT w/ MS Office only to pony up the dough and still not have it function.

Personally, this is a MAJOR bug that has prevented us from utilizing the tool we paid for (and paid for and paid for, etc).

ACT should have plenty of data on file from our support calls over the years to be able to see that they have yet to resolve our original sync issue that goes back 3 versions now.

I'm in absolutely no hurry to switch from ACT to Swiftpage (or any other tool for that matter) simply because of the time it will take me to implement.  I would much rather just update what we've already got.  But, considering that a BUG FIX should be free AND that we've essentially been funding their bug fixing for the last 2 versions, how would you pitch something like this to your CEO?  I'm already dealing with the 'fool me once' mentality and truthfully, I can't blame them.  All they want is software that works and all they've had for some time now is software that doesn't.

[ Edited ]

After several painful hours via online remote sessions I finally was able to sync Act! v20 with Outlook 2016 successfully. Unfortunately, last night I downloaded and installed v20.1 and after a brief flash the synchronization screen appears and disappears with no syncing. I thought that was one of the big fixes in v20.1?

Copper Contributor

Would the following people pay $40,000 to Toyota, allowing Toyota not to fix their buggy car so that they could not drive to work:

1. Bob Ogdon, Founder & Chairman of ACT
  2. H. John Oeschsle, Chief Executive Officer of ACT
  3. Lorcan Malone, President and COO of ACT

I do not believe these three people would allow Toyota to steal their hard earned money by selling to them a defective automobile requiring thousands of man hours to repair, in a vain effort because Toyota sold them the defective automobile knowing that no solution exists, or will ever exist.

I abandoned ACT last year.  It cost this small business owner over 300 man hours, with NO COMPENSATION.

What a pity.  For all the features that do work, ACT is the best, bar none.

But, this lack of integration with Outlook, or some form of email integration, is a deal-breaker, all the other great features being secondary.

Administrator

Hi princeedwardh,

The latest release for Act (v20.1) has been specifically targeted to resolve issues with Outlook integration, including history recording.

We know that some users previously had serious issues trying to get integration to work successfully with Act and Office 2016, which is why we completely rewrote the integration section of our program to use an updated engine.
Copper Contributor

Will Swiftpage offer 2 years of a free ACT subscription as a token jesture for all the pain Swiftpage has put its customer through?

Let's see.....................................

I stopped counting at 300 lost man hours.....................

300 lost man hours * $300/hour (which is my billing rate) is $9,000.

So, I lost $9,000 because I decided to pay $500 for one year of ACT, which was sold to me by Swiftpage knowing that it was faulty.

Two years free subscription to PROVE to us that Swiftpage has fixed the problems would be a small price for Swiftpage to pay to try to rebuild customer goodwill.

Swiftpage targets us small business owners.

We small business owners know: It's easier to keep a customer than to get a new customer.

Does Swifpage know this fundamental fact the we small business owners know?

OH, did you see the news from SalesForce???

I sure did.

And, their stuff works.