Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

[ Edited ]

You have prompted me to also give Gary a tremendous vote of thanks for all his work and responses since helping on this site. Incredibly he still has a full head of hair and has not pulled it all out! (Or is that an old photo?) 

Highlighted
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I really appreciate it.

P.S. No ch1p, my hair is thankfully still all there. The support I get from the other folks around the business help me keep it there Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

So what is the quick answer to fixing this?
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Mollie,

We recommend you switch your Outlook update channel to Deferred if you're experiencing issues with the Act! and Outlook integration.

See the info in the following Knowledgebase article for steps on how to do this: KB 38802 - Recommended Microsoft Office update channel settings when using Act! with Office 2016 or ...

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have decided to abandon ACT.

There is no fix to all these issues.

I have logged over 150 hours of my time since 11/2016.

Swiftpage is selling a product that it knows does not work with Office 365, a product on the market since 2013.

I wanted ACT to help me in my 2017 marketing plan.  I have not gotten my marketing plan off the ground, primarily because i have to fix ACT,every day.

I author this post two minutes after ACT.Outlook.Service.exe stopped working, yet again.

On Friday, I spent 45 minutes with tech support with deleted the ACT.Outlook.Service.exe file because it becomes corrupted and must be copied from the installation folder into the ACT folder.  Apparently, these steps are required fairly often to make ACT work.

It's Thursday, 7 days since this fix.  And, it's not a fix.

I cannot go on.  

I have tried to be a good customer but I am just a darn, stupid chump for hanging in this long. 

I am out not only the $450 hard cash money that I paid to Swiftpage but also 150 of hard hours lost to technical support and a unknown number of hours trying to make ACT work on my own.

I am moving to a product that I will not like as much as ACT and it will not be as robust as ACT, but at least it will work and not shut me down requiring device reboots.

This is more than pathetic.  It's a shame.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

princeedwardh,

Sorry to see the Outlook multiple Profiles not Sync correctly troubles not getting resolved.  You must a configuration issue that a higher level support person should remote in and take a deeper look.  I doubt its only Office 365 version issue. I too have had issues with Outlook to sync with Gmail account using a 3rd party app. I never push ACT to sync contact records with Outlook and your other mobile devices.  I'm sure Swiftpage knows the issues and why a more Cloud base system may be the only way to counter the Add-in, COM developer code. There is just too many variables trying to get so many Windows Apps' to work smooth.

I'm at the point just use the web interface of Google Contacts and Calendar and drop Outlook on PC.  My brother at a very large Corp is dropping Exchange Server and having staff use a cloud based Office 365 version that has had less heart each and costs.

JM

Highlighted

As one who has used Act! since 1992, it saddens me to see the death throes brought on by needless complexity. Ironically, my problems seem to be subsiding, although I won't be sure for some weeks yet.

There are other options out there, and I will look at them seriusly when the problems arise again.

Good luck all.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I do not have multiple profiles.

The 150 hours of time I referenced has been with ACT Technical Support, primarily Level 2 and some dedicated support.

It is just not working.

I won't give Swiftpage a pass on "too many variables".

Swiftpage is selling its product, collecting our money, knowing full well the environment in which ACT will be installed. 

We are not told, pre-sale, "Hey, look, there are too many variables here for which we just have no idea how to handle.  You'll be fixing ACT every day.  

After 9 months, you will have experienced, oh, 150 hours of technical support.  Will that be check or charge?"

The features and functionality of ACT are superior in theory to its competitors.  However, the Swiftpage enterprise, has not figured out how to make its software work in today's world.

I do not want to go, but I must.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

What we desperately need is a statement from Swiftpage that they are changing the way ACT and Outlook exchange information as the current system is far to vulnerable to changes from MS. Without this statement of intent clients are walking away from the product.

The fact that there has not been so many entries in this and other Outlook related issues is not that they are working or accepted, people have now given up.

When customers stop complaining about known problems it is the most dangerous signal a business can have!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Yep.