Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Hot Synch set-up to Palm T/X Handheld problem

Act! Hot Synch set-up to Palm T/X Handheld problem

The first time I tried to install the Hot synch program, I lost power 1/2 way thru the installation and had to get out out of the installation and have not been able to resolve the following problem. 

I have Act database contacts loaded into my handheld from my previous computer however when I try and synch to the new computer the contact info does not update.  In trying to do a re-install of the set-up on the new computer I get the following message from Act......Can't load Instaide.dll into memory.....unhandled exception......error 0x80040702 and setup will terminate...I have also tried a hard resset where I wiped the handheld clean but that did not solve the problem.

Do you have a recommendation???? 

It never gets to the point where the Act! for Palm OS shows on my desktop. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Hot Synch set-up to Palm T/X Handheld problem

Thanks for getting back to me.

I ended up doing a hard reset on the handheld and a system restore and eliminated that error.  My situation still persists.  It appears that there is no link between Palm and Act.  The Palm is getting all information from Outlook.  I have been able to make changes in Outlook and they were reflected in the Palm.  I make changes in ACT or try and make a new contact in ACT and nothing happens or is transferred to Outlook or to the Palm.

The info in my hand held is now the info that is in Outlook.  I use ACT as my contact Mgr. and am running 2008.  My older compouter only had 2 names in the conacts section of Outlook contacts.  That is not the case now.  The Outlook contacts section lists all my clients a duplication pretty much of my ACT database. 

Can I run the install program over this existing program?  Should I try and re-install Act...a little leary about doing that.  It's going on about a week trying to get this working.

Thanks

Joe
Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't use a Palm, but pretty sure there would be a setting if it should pull from ACT! or Outlook

Maybe have a read of this Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/yosmoc