Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Errors affecting Outlook 2007 email display

Act Errors affecting Outlook 2007 email display

I have Act! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0  (also says Hot Fix 1)

Windows 7 and Outlook 2007

I am getting two Act errors:   Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT : 0x80004005 (E_FAIL)

and:  Error HRESULT E_Fail has been returned from a call to a COM component

When I open Outlook, either one of  the error boxes pops up and I have to click OK several times for it to disappear (it keeps coming back immediately so I keep clicking OK).  The same is happening with both errors and it will not allow Outlook to display the highlighted email...so I cannot read my email.

This happens when both Outlook and Act are running.  If I close both and open Outlook it will operate properly.

Does anyone have a solution?  Please help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Errors affecting Outlook 2007 email display

Hello rubberbiscuitte,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This may not be the exact issue you are seeing, but please try the solution in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2885...

Your feedback on whether or not the solution works would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I found the file ActEmail.tlb and it is 7kb.

I do not understand the directions of what to do next. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

I have updated the article so the ActEmail.tlb is attached. You just need to replace your file with the attached file.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.