Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Email

Copper Contributor

Act Email

I have a few computers using a couple of ACT databases. One of the computers is having email issues (on multiple databases). I am using Act 2006 8.0.2.82, on a Windows XP SP3 with Microsoft Outlook 2003.

Quite often, though not every time, when I try to send an email through the contact page, it comes up with the message "Act! Email has encountered an error and needs to close, Please restart Act! Email." I've tried everything on the forums here from reinstalling ACT, checking the databases on the server with the Act8Diag tool, using detect and repair function in Outlook, disabling realtime virus protection and troubleshooting everything. Mostly happens when I'm attaching a bunch of files - PDFs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Email

Hello Tim,
Are you using ACT! Email with an internet mail account or with your Outlook profile?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

CMH

Re: Act Email

ACT2006 with Outlook 2003 - .pst file damaged - created new - ACT2006 can not initialize E Mail not sent.  Have tried selecting the new .pst file in ACT E mail set up thinking that might fix problem - can not send any E mails from ACT.  Looking for some help please.