Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Email stopprd working after major update

Act Email stopprd working after major update

Just dl'd the latest update for ACT 8 and now my email starts downloading email but when it finishes Windows closes the program.

Also when I go to set up the email system only internet mail shows in the choices.

I have a new laptop with Vista. It was working with the internet mail... Any ideas. I am an over the road truck driver so I don't have time for these types of inconveniences. Help is appreciated

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Email stopprd working after major update

What are you using as your default email client for ACT!?  Is it Internet Mail or Outlook?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi and thanks for your response. Just pulled into a truck stop and noticed the email notification. Neat.

Anyway I am using Internet mail. When I activate the email the password box comes up with the username and password showing then the password box empties and everything freezes. I have tried re entering the info in preferences as new but it just keeps happening. I wish I hadn't done the update...

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi FutureRichGuy,

I would recommend removing your current install of ACT, you can do that via Add/Remove Programs. 

Then install from a full install of 10.0.3

Take a look at your private messages, the gold envelope in the top right corner if you're not familiar with it, for a link to get you back up and running.