Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act E-mail

Act E-mail

I have been unsuccessful in setting up ACT E-mail.  My ISP is AOL  Tech Support suggested setting up Internet mail through GMX.  I don't need all the features of Outlook.  I have been unable to get the e-mail to send and get the message "Could not connect ot server " mail.gmx.com.  Has anyone succeeded in setting up the e-mail using the combinatino AOL as ISP and GMX as e-mail? 

Employee

Re: Act E-mail

Hi,

I would like to ask a few questions relating to your current setup:

What is the full version of Act! are you currently using (Help > About Act)?

What version of windows do you currently use?

Do you know what Ports your email provider currently uses? - If you are not sure about this the best person to contact would be your email provider.

Hello

I have ACT Pro 2011 Versiion 13.1.  Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2 and am using ports 25 and 110.

Employee

Hi,

Are you able to use Windows Mail - using the same ports and exactly the same settings to send email or do you get the same problem there as well?

Please note Act! does not work with Windows Mail, but this will tell us if it could be a settings issues or if something could be blocking Internet mail.

Act Email will only work with the default ports of 25 and 110 so as long as your email provider uses these I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

I tried to email with Windows Mail.  I got the following error message.  I tried this both with gmx open on my computer and with it not open, I got the same results.

The error message:  The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'pop.gmx.com', Server: 'mail.gmx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Employee

From the information you have given it would indicate that the email settings may be incorrect.

I would contact your email provider to double check those settings.

The fact that it gives us an error in Windows mail would indicate that Act! email is currently working ok.

thanks for your help Chris, I'll go to AOL.