Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Database help please..

Act! Database help please..

Hello, I am new to the forums and to ACT! so go easy on me..
I have purchased Act! 2008 for my sales team and have a few questions that I need help with.

My database have approx 4,000 business which will be split between 8 sales people (500 each)  

1. What is the best way to allocate 500 accounts to each of the sales people so only the sales person and myself can view their 500 accounts ?
  2. Would it be easier to create 8 seperate databases for each sales person ?
  3. How easy is it for me to run a report on each of the sales people to see what calls where made and who has been the most productive ?
  4. Could someone provide me with a link to a solution or an example of how this can be done ?

Thanking you in advance,

Paul.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Database help please..

You did not specify whether you have the standard or premium version of ACT! 2008. If it is the premium version, you can do what you want using the Contact Access capability. If you have the standard version there isn't any fool proof what of doing what you want.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have the standard package so I think I will resort to individual databases for each sales person and when I need to add more "contacts" just merge them to each database one at a time. I thought that is what I would have to do.
Would of been nice if I could just allocate 500 contacts to each of my 8 salespeople from one database of 4,000 contacts, so they could only access the accounts I allocated to them.

Anyone think of a way round this ?
Nickel Elite Contributor

The best option for you would be to use synchronization, you would define each users contacts by their sync set and those would be the contacts they have in their subscriber database.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Tuned Listener

Great answer Royel.....that's what we used for a while, but it became too intensive to upkeep on the synch set, so we upgraded to the Premium edition.  The Team Membership (Access Level) should do just what he needs.
Good luck to all
Erik

Thanks for your help. I think I will set them in Teams. Now I am off to do a search in the knowledge database. Thank you once again for your time and trouble.
Platinum Elite Contributor

PaulSmart wrote:
Thanks for your help. I think I will set them in Teams. Now I am off to do a search in the knowledge database. Thank you once again for your time and trouble.

Teams is only available in the Premium version.

As Roy said, synchronisation is the only way to do this is the non-Prem version.

I don't know if you want more than the 8 reps and yourself, but for 10 or more users you also need to change to Premium