05-13-2013 01:21 PM
We've been having problems with Act! lately. We run the Premium 2012 version and is fully up to date. Over time, the frequency of these errors increased to the point of happening several times a day. It happens on 3 desktop workstations. There are also 4 laptops that do not have this problem, but they aren't used nearly as extensively as the desktop workstations. These are the errors:
- Not enough storage is available to process this command (this one occurs by far the most)
- ACT! has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application. (this one maybe less than 5% of the time)
- Parameter is not valid (this one has only occurred once - unsure if related)
The three workstations have decent specs (Intel i7 processor, 4GB memory with 500GB hard drive, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit).
It seems that during heavy use of the program, it becomes sluggish (slow to draw windows, etc.) and eventually generates the insufficient storage error. Just want to make it clear that it's only Act! that gets sluggish, other programs do not. We do have a very large database.
What we've already tried on the workstations:
- Deleting preferences file and rebuilding
- Increased IRPStackSize
- All Windows updates installed, including SQL updates and SQL 2008 SP1
- Problem still occurrs even with all Act! plug-ins disabled
- Deleted all queued message that do not attach to Act!
- Increased virtual memory limit
- Set antivirus exclusions to Act Program Files and the folder under Appdata\Roaming
- I'm sure there's other small things that I've done, such as deleting temp files and even trying Act! in compatibility mode.
On the server, ran a repair and re-index on the database - no problems were found.
So at this point, we're running running out of things to try. I'm hoping for some suggestions if anyone has any. I hope there's a solution and that it's not because our database is too big for Act! to handle properly.
12-31-2013 01:03 PM
I also get the error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command" but typically only once a day after very little use of Act. I close and reopen the program and all is good for the rest of the day.
I have a very beefy I7 Windows 7 64 system with 16 gigabytes of RAM and plenty of space on the SSD and HD running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2
I have tried many of the same things as the topic originator including reindex and deleting preferences.
Has your problem been resolved or does anyone have any suggestions for a fix ?
01-03-2014 08:23 AM
Usually when I see this message it's because of something unique to the server, but not always. How many users do you have? I've found that with 4GB of ram it can become sluggish when using five or more users when you have a large database. Are you in a position to add ram to the machine and monitor the situation?
01-03-2014 09:30 AM
I am the only user on the program. I do monitor ram use and typically use about 4 to 5 GB out of the 16 installed. This error and lock up only happens within the first 30 minutes of the day. I then need to go to task manager to exit the program as clicking okay on the error message does no good.
Once I restart the program I'm good to go all day.
01-06-2014 07:05 AM
Do you have any scheduled tasks that are happening at that time, like a virus/malware scan, or a backup?
01-06-2014 08:03 AM
I may have sorted things out by erasing the email attachment HistoryQueue and noticing that the Act Outlook service was unchecked in msonfig start up. With a clean HistoryQueue folder and the Outlook service running, so far so good.
01-06-2014 08:51 AM