Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Address Book doesn't show up in Outlook's Directories and Address Books

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act! Address Book doesn't show up in Outlook's Directories and Address Books

I'm trying to get Act! to record a history of emails sent through Outlook and found that the Act! Address book does not appear in the list of Additional Address Book Types. 

I have Act! Pro 2011 with Hot Fix 5 installed.  Outlook 2010 is 32 - bit. 

I purchased Outlook specifically to interface with Act! and record histories of all emails sent.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author twodogcrazy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act! Address Book doesn't show up in Outlook's Directories and Address Books

The setting is inside ACT!, not inside Outlook.  Also, Outlook must be installed and configured FIRST.  If that wasn't the case, uninstall ACT! and Outlook, then reinstall Outlook then ACT!.  If the installation order isn't the issue, go into ACT! and look at Tools/Preferences/Email/Email setup and follow the wizard to integrate ACT! and Outlook.  Hope that helps!  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author twodogcrazy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act! Address Book doesn't show up in Outlook's Directories and Address Books

The setting is inside ACT!, not inside Outlook.  Also, Outlook must be installed and configured FIRST.  If that wasn't the case, uninstall ACT! and Outlook, then reinstall Outlook then ACT!.  If the installation order isn't the issue, go into ACT! and look at Tools/Preferences/Email/Email setup and follow the wizard to integrate ACT! and Outlook.  Hope that helps!  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

HI Brenda,

Thank you for the help.  That was the problem.  I re-installed Outlook then Act! and now it's working.  :-) 

Is there a registry fix for this issue so we don't need to uninstall Office and ACT?

Administrator

Hi Drew,

Not that i'm aware of. A reinstall of Act should solve the issue if Office was installed after Act.