Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act, Act, Act... What has happened?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Act, Act, Act... What has happened?

I need to get this off my chest

How much testing is done prior to releasing a new version?  This application has gone from great > good > ok > not so good > dreadful > absolute joke.  This calendar sync issue has been around for years and we haven't seen any progress at all.  I was looking forward to 20.1 as I thought the add-on rework might have fixed all the historical problems but oh boy was I wrong. 

We have 350+ Act users and if it wasn't for me we would have moved on to an alternative.  I persuaded the IT bosses to keep the application partly because a handful of our users love it but I very much doubt we'll be sticking with it come the next renewal.  How can anyone recommend an application that has this many issues?

Copper Contributor

Re: Act, Act, Act... What has happened?

As a small business owner - I spend more time getting program to work or looking for addins that would give it some of the basic functionality of others like say salesforce

Tom David Moxam
Copper Contributor

Re: Act, Act, Act... What has happened?

We are in the process of upgrading all of our users to 20.1 from 19.2.  Fixing the 19.2 sync problems became so routine that we sent out a "how to fix Act sync issues" to all users.  20.1 hasn't fixed any of the calendar sync problems from 19.2.  It'll work find one day then not the next.  Duplicates seem to completely random.

We've called the support number multiple times to get more information on the sync issues with 20.1.  The phone call always end with them telling us our database must be corrupt... Really?  They asked us to create a new database for testing and guess what?  Same issues with a brand new databases.  Now we're told the issue is with Microsoft. 

As for Salesforce..

Some of our users have been migrated as the constant Act problems was directly impacting the business.  We use an on prem server application called Riva that does all the synchronization and we haven't run into a single problem since it went live.   

I'm holding out for Act to be fixed but it's looking more and more likely it'll be dropped entirely at the end of our contract.