Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 9.0 - won't launch - no error reports

Act 9.0 - won't launch - no error reports

[ Edited ]

I've had this program on my computer for about 6 months.  when i came in this morning, i clicked on Act! to open and just like normal, it asked me for my password, i put it in, it began to launch and just when the screen would pop-up, it goes down to the start bar.  when i click on it to maximize the icon show's that it's active, but it does not open up on my screen!!!  i have not received any error reports.

I've tried restarting but the same issue occurs.  I backed up my database about a week ago, and i guess i can uninstall then re-install and then restore the backed up database, but i'd hate to loose a weeks worth of work.

what can i do???

Message Edited by dlevine1781 on 04-17-2008 06:20 AM
Message Edited by dlevine1781 on 04-17-2008 06:21 AM
RT

Re: Act 9.0 - won't launch - no error reports

Based upon your date posting and experience, I believe I have the same issue.  I believe it is tied to recent MS updates.  .Net Framework and SQL updates.  I have been trying to re-install ACT and un-install some of the updates,  It has been very frustrating.

Nickel Super Contributor

If this indeed happened around the same time as a Microsoft update, take a look at the following kb article. It will give you instructions on removing .Net.

Error: "ACT! Has Encountered an Error and Needs to Close" After Applying Microsoft® Updates

Thanks, but i found the issue - apparently everything was working fine, but for some reason the re-size button isn't working.  i had to ctr+alt+del and then right click on ACT and maximize the window.  it only worked when i did it from ctr+alt+del, not when i right clicked on the start bar.

since then it works fine, but when ever i hit the re-size button it goes back to the same problem?  any advice??