Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 9.0 remote/local dbase issues

Act 9.0 remote/local dbase issues

Hi,

I am having a ton of issues w/ my act dbase. I was not w/ my current company when ACT was implemented, and I have no trainning in it. I am having alot of issues with remote users, and a few local.

-I have a few remote users getting errors saying their Database has been locked by an Administrator.

As far as I can tell all databases are unlocked.

- Other remote users just cannot login to their database. The prompt says it cannot contact the database.

Some remote users are not having any issues, but every few weeks another user gets one of the above errors.

I have restarted the server, and we have more that enough licenses to accomodate our users. The dataase is setup to preform mainenace automatically every friday.

Does any body have any tips on where I should be looking to fix these problems? Or anything I can try?

Thanks.

Re: Act 9.0 remote/local dbase issues

- I have a few remote users getting errors saying their Database has been locked by an Administrator.

When do they receive this error?  You can unlock following the steps below.

1. Close ACT!
  2. Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
  3. Type either actdiag (ACT! 2007-2009), act8diag (ACT! 2006) or act7diag (ACT! 2005) into the Open field, and then click OK. The ACT! Diagnostics utility launches.
  4. Click the Databases button in the lower-left corner. The Databases view appears.
  5. Click the rectangle to the left of your database name to select the entire line.

- Other remote users just cannot login to their database. The prompt says it cannot contact the database.

Can you give the exact error?