Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 9.0 & Palm Centro, 2-way sync not working, using Act Link for Palm OS

Act 9.0 & Palm Centro, 2-way sync not working, using Act Link for Palm OS

I have recently upgraded to Act 9.0 from Act 6.0. I have a new AT&T Palm Centro. I am using the sync tool included with Act (I am not using CompanionLink).

Everything is working, except: Changes made to records in the Palm are NOT reflected in the Act database.

I have tried the following:

a. I have un-installed and re-installed the Act Link for Palm OS program that came with the Act 9.0 CD-ROM

b. I have attempted to sync with Act running and also with Act shut down on the PC

c. I have confirmed that the Hotsync configuration is set for a 2 way sync.

d. I have confirmed that I have the most recent version of Act 9.0 (I am running v9.0.1.162)

Any ideas? Do I need to buy the CompanionLink software? It has functions I don't need and I'd rather now spend the money unless I have to. Act Link for Palm OS does everything I need (if it worked).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hugh Heinsohn

Re: Act 9.0 & Palm Centro, 2-way sync not working, using Act Link for Palm OS

Hugh,

Which version of Palm Desktop and Windows operating system are you using?  Have you tried testing with another database?

Re: Act 9.0 & Palm Centro, 2-way sync not working, using Act Link for Palm OS

I am running Windows XP Professional with SP2, with Palm Desktop version 6.2.2, with Hotsync Manager v7.0.2. I have installed the ActLink for Palm OS program that came on the CDROM with Act 9.0.

I have not tried to use a different database - I only have one database - will that make a difference?

Thanks for your help!