Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 8 error report in PSI

Copper Super Contributor

Act 8 error report in PSI

Hi folks:

I  am currently running Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0 English (Canada) and am not having any problems with it. Kuddos Sage!

But when I run PSI (Personal Software Inspector) v. 2 - I get the following error report:

ACT! 8.x
End-of-Life
-
13.x

Detected Instances:
C:\ACT_Pro_2012\ACTSTD\program files\ACT\ActInstallDir\Act8.exe, version 8.1.125.0
C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act8.exe, version 8.1.125.0

Latest Version - patching one or more vulnerabilities:
13.x

I recognize that it refers to a previous version but was wondering why it reports it at all. I did a completely clean install on a reformatted system so there should be no ghosts lurking around. This doesn't appear to be causing any problems but being [deleted] about such things, I want it to go away.

Thanks

Paul

Paul B Moore
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Act 8 error report in PSI

Paul,

That file is used when you convert an ACT! 8 database to an ACT! 14 database so it's actaully a part of ACT! 14 and obviously has been around since ACT! 9.  It's unfortunate that the ACT! program used to be named "act8.exe" so that's why your software inspector is finding it.  I would just ignore it or tell them to update their software.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 8 error report in PSI

Thank you Stan. I will advise them.

Regards

Paul