Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 7 Window wont load after logon

Act! 7 Window wont load after logon

Hi, 

I opened my PC today to a strange problem. Basically, when I click on the ACT! Icon, it appears to load and I get the database login window, I enter my details and click OK and it begins to load contacts, database etc... Then the window closes and I cannot see the ACT! window. 

I can see the act program on my taskbar and its also in task manager as open and working, but when I click it, nothing happens. 

I have tried restarting PC, restoring to earlier date where I know it worked, stopping antivirus and firewalls, stopped and started services but to no avail. 

I am running windows 7 with the latest updates, I don't have problems with any other programs.

I have thought about re-installing but I dont know where the install files are and I dont want to go through the licensing etc again as this was done by someone else so I am worried I might break it forever! 

The program looks to be loading OK but I just cannot get the window to open! 

Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 7 Window wont load after logon

Could it just be opening Minimized?

In Windows 7, hold your mouse over the task-bar icon. This should show a preview of the app. Right-click on that and select Maximize

Another thing to try:
Right click on the Sage ACT! Icon > Properties > Select "Maximized" in the Run field > Click Apply > Ok

Thanks for the rapid response. 

The window isnt minimised and when I hover over it doesnt preview the window unfortunately. 

I tried your other suggestion and set to maximised, I then re-opened the application and the window appears on full screen but then disappears almost instantly. I am then met with the login prompt, enter the details and thats it - The window just wont open!

Many thanks

Do you normally get a preview for other apps? If so, does anything popup when over the ACT! item?

Can you right-click on it in the Task Manager (Applications Tab) and select Maximized?

Have you tried Alt+Tab or Win key+Tab?

What version of ACT! (full build from help | about)?

When I hover over it shows the box with the name and what looks like the application.

Bizarely enough, its now working - I tried your suggestion using task manager and select maximise and it came up!
The version is: ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 1

Problem is, I closed the program to test it, reopened and its still the same problem. I checked under properties of the EXE and its set to maximized.

The only way to get it to show is with Task manager and your suggestion.

Thanks

It would be something in Windows ... not sure where in Win7

After Maximizing it, try clicking the Restore button before closing it ... see what happens.

You might also try getting the 12.1 Service Pack and latest Hotfix... if sharing with other users (Lan or sync) all users need to update
Platinum Super Contributor

It sounds like the ACT! window has been located out of the monitor's viewing area. The following article contains instructions for moving a window back onto the viewing area: KB Article 27869

Maximize the ACT! window to display it, then use the Restore command, then use the 'Move pop-up screen into view' steps to reposition the window.

Greg Martin
Sage

Was looking for that... blasted new KB.

BTW: Item 1 - It's the Task Bar, not Sys Tray
Platinum Super Contributor

Thanks Mike! Updated in article.
Greg Martin
Sage