Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0 to current verson

Act 6.0 to current verson

I have converted the old .dbf with the new version of act but I am told there is data missing.  My client had custom fields on his old layout i was able to convert the old layout but not sure how to map that data to those fields.  any insight would be appreciated

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6.0 to current verson

If you converted to old layouts the fields would map to the database automatically. If there is data missing you need to know if it's selective items or entire contact records. The problem may be that the ACT! 6 database had internal corruption that caused some data to not convert.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

It also seems when i try to convert the layout in the shared database it says it corrupt or not avaliable but when i start a blank database and convert the layout it works just fine.  So i even moved that layout to where the shared database is and still cannot open that layout

Platinum Elite Contributor

This definitely sounds like the original ACT! 6 database had problems in the file that determained the database structure. The only fix would be to send the original ACT! 6 database to a repair facility like the one we have a Techbenders.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129