Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.0 to Act 7.0 import issue

Act 6.0 to Act 7.0 import issue

I am trying to convert 6.0 to 7.0 using import option in 7.0. I receive a request for username and password. However, I do not have password in either Act software or database. I even used password retrieval software after initial attempts and no password was noted.

Then I copied the file and renamed then set password. Then ran password retrieval software found the password. to make sure the password software detection actually worked.

HELP....

Bronze Contributor

Re: Act 6.0 to Act 7.0 import issue

The user name and password it is looking for is the one that was used to log into the version 6 database which it asks during the conversion process. If you do not have the password it will not let you proceed.

Are you sure that you have all of the 25 files that make up a version 6 database before you go forward and I would suggest verifying in version 6 first.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Paul,

I tried that username / password combination. no luck. Should I uninstall and reinstall version 7.0 from original CD?

Or should I just uninstall 7.0  Act 2005 and get the latest version? I have been running Act 6.0 for quite some time.

My goal is to link contacts between:

Act, Cardscan, Blackberry, and Outlook

Then output excel lists - essentially email lists for my office manager to run our eTools program for mass mailing that conforms to corporate standards.

PK

Bronze Contributor

Paul,

During the conversion process it creates a new database so the version 7 stuff should make no difference.

If you open ACT7 and without a database open go to file open and select ACT 5-6 is this the process you are using?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

It might not be the password, sounds actually like the user name.  Also I have had this a few times on the first convert.  Just try to convert it again and see if it works.  Also note the actual user name.

Perry Grosser
Act Certified Consultant

Panda9.com

Panda Technology Group, Inc.