Do you mean 

Act 22 Problems still not fixed

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 22 Problems still not fixed

[ Edited ]

I am still having problems with Act version 22, update 4. Continual memory error messages and shutdowns, very slow, copy & pasting text to Notes unreadable whereas never had a problem in earlier versions and in order to get Act to work with Outlook, I have to run Outlook in Administrator mode, something I never had to do before! When I call for help, I'm either told to accept these workarounds or it's being worked on!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author RChappo
a month ago
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 22 Problems still not fixed

Hi Bud,

Thanks for the explanation.  I really appreciate your help.  I will follow your advice and reinstall Act.

Best,

Rich

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

How much system RAM do you have?

What version of Outlook are you running? Also is it 32 or 64 and is it local install or click to run?  If you go to control panel do you only see one version of office in the list?

-Bud

Bud Rice

Pleasanton, CA 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Bud, 16GB RAM, Home & Business 2013 32 bit, stand alone laptop and I start outlook each day by clicking the icon if that is what you are asking. Yes, only one version of Office.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Any chance you installed or upgraded Office AFTER you had installed Act! ?

-Bud

Bud Rice

Pleasanton, CA

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Bud,

Yes.  I found in my notes that I was having a problem updating Office 2013 so Microsoft reinstalled it on my computer 2-18-2020 whereas Act 22 was installed Dec 2019.

Why would the order make a difference and necessitate running Outlook in Administrator mode?

Best,

Rich

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Rich:

The correct order is Office installed configured and up and running, then Act!. When you install Act! - it sets some hooks into the office application so if office was not installed at all Act! - can't set the hooks for a program that isn't installed.  You had office installed but reinstalling or upgrading to a different version could affect the hooks.

Sorry to say but if it was me I would uninstall Act! - once done rename the act! folder in c:\program files (x86)\Act to ActOLD .  Then reboot your PC and do a normal install of Act! - set the preferences in Act! - and make sure the Act! Add-in is active in Outlook and the Act! address book is available in Outlook.and test.

-Bud

Bud Rice

Pleasanton, CA

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author RChappo
a month ago
Copper Contributor

Hi Bud,

Thanks for the explanation.  I really appreciate your help.  I will follow your advice and reinstall Act.

Best,

Rich

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Bud,

I used tech support to help me uninstall & reinstall Act to be sure I did it right and was thorough.  This morning I tried to send an email and got the message, "Object not set to an instance of an object".  I had not started Outlook in Administrator mode because I had thought that reinstalling would enable those linkages and it would no longer be necessary.  Could this still be a known problem?

Thanks,

Rich

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

We have the same issue, lots of memory errors in v22, reïnstalling is not a solution. I really hope this will be looked in to propery.

Greetings,

ACT Certified Consultants
TendenZ
the Netherlands
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

My understanding is Tech support is aware of some continuing outlook issues and are working on it. Stay tuned.

-Bud

Pleasanton, CA