Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2013 pro (trial). Freezes at welcome screen. Can't access any item on the welcome page (I.e. tutorials etc)

Act 2013 pro (trial). Freezes at welcome screen. Can't access any item on the welcome page (I.e. tutorials etc)

Computer. Windows 7 pro. Office 2010. Sage act 2013 pro (trial)
I am assuming. There is a conflict.

Any suggestions?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2013 pro (trial). Freezes at welcome screen. Can't access any item on the welcome page (I.e. tutorials etc)

Try right clicking on the ACT! icon and choosing Run as Administrator and see if that makes a difference.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Act 2013 pro (trial). Freezes at welcome screen. Can't access any item on the welcome page (I.e. tutorials etc)

Windows 7 pro, Version 6.1. Service pack. 1

Will give that a try. It appears. That the windows is running 64 bit. But office is 32 bit

Didn't work. I checked and I am listed as administrator. But when I press any item such as about customizing fields and nothing happens??
Platinum Elite Contributor

That's no problem, you do need to use the 32-bit Office with ACT!. However your administrator status depends on how the User Access Control is set in Windows.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I checked. And will do again. Office is 32. Bit. I will check the window admin setting. Thanks