09-18-2015 01:04 PM - edited 09-18-2015 01:15 PM
I've been getting reports of issues with mail merges not properly working. The e-mail will get created, and they will start going out, but only about half of them. The ones that seemingly do not send will get stuck in the drafts folder (i edited outlook to move autosaved messages to outbox instead, which didn't help matters). Sending them manually is just as cumbersome and don't work most of the time. The exchange account that is being used with this has a max recipient and message size limit. ACT plugin is enabled within Outlook.
- Database is on a network share, but works fine. The databases are pretty small in size.
- O/S is Server 2008 R2. (Terminal Environment)
09-21-2015 02:23 AM
09-24-2015 09:24 AM
Actually, i have tried a few more things:
- I enabled Redemption Helper Addon for Outlook (seems to be using the ACT path, so i assume it needs to be enabled also)
- Repaired the PST file used to send out these e-mails
- Enabled option 'Send Immediately When Connected' within Outlook Advanced Settings.
I will report back on if one of these fixed the issue. Antivirus is not enabled in this scenario for further information.