Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2013 Unable to send emails

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2013 Unable to send emails

Benjamin I'm being told by Dell and MS that a full install version is not available for MS Office 2013 Pro. I upgraded computers recently and I have been battling this problem for 4-6 weeks and have wasted many hours trying to find a solution. I'd be open to working with you and letting you do a remote log on to see if we can work together in resolving this issue. Any ideas on how salesforce has managed to overcome the CTR?
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

I believe the CTR focus may not be warranted as I just got word from our support team that they have it successfully running. I do not doubt there is a problem here, only that I don't believe we have described it fully. 

I'll wait for our support team to chime in on how to best diagnose, but I cannot volunteer to do the troubleshooting with you. I appreciate the offer but I'm focused on bringing our next version to market in September. 

I'm not an expert on Salesforce, but their documentation seems to indicate that it is not supported. 

http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/outlookcrm_sys_req.htm

What is referrenced in an app exchange came from a third party developer (not salesforce) who likely specializes in Office integration. 

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

The third party solution provider that integrates with Salesforce also develops for Act!

Again, I'm not familiar with their products, but this looks to be an addon for Salesforce and is similarly available for Act!

I don't believe you need this, but if speed of resolution is critical here's a link to their site with a free 30 day trial.

http://www.linkpoint360.com/ 

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

I apologize, they do Lotus Notes for Act! and Outlook for Salesforce. 

This will not be of use to you. 

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Fundamentally, Microsoft changed the game. They (rightly so in my view) drew a line in the sand and said, where is the market going, it's going in 'that' direction, therefore this next edition of Microsoft Office will be different. That has impacted all of us. Not just ACT! but all other apps. Some can react quicker than others. 

When it comes to upgrading, it's important to find the answers to compatability questions for ALL your important bits of software before pulling the trigger on an upgrade.

Highlighted

http://na.sage.com/sage-act/products

"...seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook."

Also note that no previous versions of ACT! work with Windows 8 or Office 365, so once it

becomes necessary to upgrade the OS the options are limited.

And also, as I have mentioned, I am running with the full installation not the CTR version.

Somebody posted that they are able to run ACT! 2013 with Windows 8 and the full installation

of Outlook, I would like some clarification on that. 

I tried multiple, multiple times to configure ACT! with Outlook, and as I mentioned the ACT! address

book is visible in Outlook, but you cannot email or compose email directly from within ACT!. 

I've tried reinstalling Office, reinstalling ACT!, uninstalling Exchange/mail, and various other steps.

I tried installing Service Pack 1 however the installation stopped me because the version of ACT!

that I have (downloaded last week) is newer than Service Pack 1, so the service pack is outdated

or redundant. I've gone through the email configuration procedure multiple times trying all different 

parameters and do not see a good result yet.

If you have ACT! 2013 and Windows 8 Outlook running successfully together, please put a Youtube

screen capture video up ASAP showing

1. ACT! email functionality under Windows 8 Outlook

and 

2. Walkthrough of configuration steps for syncing Outlook with ACT!

Also please give an explanation of the "_IMessage" and/or "_IMAPI" error messages. What do these mean?

What do these error messages tell you the problem is? If you see these error messages, what do you think

needs to be fixed or corrected with my installation or configuration? 

I really thought that when I initally reported my error messages, the response would be something like "Oh

yeah, that means you forgot to...." or "oh yeah, that is because you haven't...." etc etc.  Instead VAR reseller

guy from Australia is on here lecturing me about how I should thouroughly analyze all my software requirements

and compatibilities before I have to upgrade my database or email software.

Please clarify this situation if possible. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi RedwoodAesthetic,

wasn't meant to come across as a 'lecture', apologies if it did. I did post my comment for the benefit of others, to try and highlight the NEED to look before you jump. Wasn't trying to be narky.

Ben.

Highlighted

Yeah that is cool, I wasn't trying to be negative. It just seemed kind of ironic after all the sales process and buying decision, 

then the subsequent importing of the databases and all that, that something like this would occur and the answer on the

tech support forum would be "well, hey, you should've thought of that before you installed the new version of ACT!..." 

I mean of course you are right and it is good to be aware of software compatibility issues, but I am really hoping that there

is a clear answer or way out of this problem, and that we are not just collectively surrendering to the idea that Sage ACT! 

no longer works with Outlook (in its Windows 8 / 2013 incarnation). 

Anyway, I apologize if I seemed piqued I know you are just trying to help. Honestly I rarely go onto support forums and 

I want to keep it positive. I've been a supporter of this product in the past and I hope to be in the future. Don't want to 

have to reimport data and retrain admin staff. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

It has to be a focus for us in the future, but I don't see that solution happening in the next 3 months

THREE MONTHS! 

Is anyone working on it?    The sync and Word history we can live with.  but theEmail needs to be sorted in three weeks not months.  Email works if you want to send an email to yourself, so it nearly works, they just need to put someone on the job ;-)

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Benjamin - I don't mean this in a smart way but the support team needs to get on here and let us know what is going on and if they are successfully running it...TELL US HOW!  I've done beta testing with ACT for the past 2-3 years...I'd be more than happy to work with y'all on testing whatever your support team is successfully running now.

And I understand that your focus is bring the next version to market in September but I believe from a customer standpoint THIS ISSUE SHOULD BE ACT'S NUMBER ONE (and at this time only) PRIORITY EVEN IT THAT MEANS DELAYING THE RELEASE OF THE NEXT VERSION!!!   The number one rule of business is to take care of your customers...else you have no business.