Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2013 Unable to send emails

Re: Act 2013 Unable to send emails

I'm sure there will be some kind of free upgrade for those who bought 2013. And hopefully we're talking no later than August on this. 

Seriously, spend $5k, get a top notch .NET/Windows programmer down there for three days, and fix this thing. I don't want to be a * about this but I mean c'mon, this really seems like something that is very fixable, there's no reason for this to be like the Hindenburg of contact management softwares. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

We may have a work around of using the Act! Email Editor to send through Outlook. 

Go to Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync > Email System Setup > On Step 4 of 8 Select an Email Editor of Act! Email Editor. 

Let me know if this solves your problem. 

Benjamin, thanks. I'm going out of town again this weekend but I will try to implement that configuration/workaround in about 7 days. 

Copper Contributor

Does not work. It says it encountered a problem and has to close.
Bronze Elite Contributor

the sending of emails from ACT 2013 using Outlook (MS Office Profession Plus 2013 edition) stoppped working for me over the weekend.

emails started from outlook still record a history though...

but messages started from ACT get: COULD NOT RETRIEVE IMESSAGE: INTERFACE NOT SUPPORTED.

i repeat that i do not have click to run and it worked for the last 4 months... sigh.

the version of the mapi.dll is the same dll running on another PC with office 2010 so it's not the mapi.dll causing the problem IMHO.

-MM
World Famous ACT! Certified Consultant @ www.ActiveSales.net
Tuned Listener

Hi All, we quickly have developed a quick email tool for free  for some of our clients to email without the error messages at least, this will work on Click to run version and on Non Compatible email Like thunderbird, Windows live and New office products etc etc.. 

http://www.databasepartners.com.au/actemailtool.php 

It will add a email button next to any email address field on the contact table. It will send on any email address. 

Hope this can help.. Its free . Just drop the DLL on the Act! plugin folder .. C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\ACT\plugin

Reece harper

Act! Certified Consultant Australia
http://www.databasepartners.com.au
Nickel Contributor

Hi all,

We have a fix that we've been trying out internally (and with some of our Certified Consultants) to good results. The details are available here: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36024
Damien Park
Swiftpage
Copper Contributor

The good news is that the fix works but he bad news is it only partially works. It works on individual emails but does not work on mail merge. When sending under mail merge it is mysteriously disappearing...its not in my outbox nor my sent folder. PLEASE ADVISE. Hopefully this fix will be easier and faster to find.
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi All again,

This fix is just for 2013,  So this DLL will fix the older version of Act! at least, and other email clients

So do we have  a time frame to fix the Mail Merge, We can quickly develop a single  contact mail merge if needed,  It not too hard.  It will be a bit harder for group mail merge. . But if the fix is coming  soon, we can hold of this

Let us know the time frame for the mail merge

Regards Reece

Reece harper

Act! Certified Consultant Australia
http://www.databasepartners.com.au

I had ACT!PREMIUN 2012 and I migrate to ACT!PRO 2013, I have a problem, I made a backup of ACT!Mail but when I restore Email files , a lot of mails dissappear from Inbox and Sent box in the differents accounts. How do I repair it?