Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2013 Unable to send emails

Re: Act 2013 Unable to send emails

Damien,

Have you made any progress on this issue?

Thanks,

Robert

Nickel Contributor

Hi Robert,

We're having difficulty replicating the problems people are reporting, so we're collecting info to try to nail down exactly what's causing it.

If you'd like to contribute, please email me at damien.park@swiftpage.com. I'll collect some info from you and get the data over to R&D.
Damien Park
Swiftpage
Highlighted

Just wished to make known that Swiftpape did in fact follow through on getting my $99 refund for support that never occured regarding this issue. I still cannot send emails from ACT. I used part of my $99 refund to purchase a copy of Outlook Inside Out. Looks like after over 25 years ACT and I are parting ways. This is the last episode in a VERY long list of similar struggles to attempt to keep from using Outlook.

I have an old Billboard Magazine poster of Bill Gates decked out as a Borg with the caption "Bill Gatus of Borg: You Will Be Assimilated!" And indeed I have.

Color me another particpant in the greatest suppression of technological innovation civilization has ever seen.

Copper Contributor

I don't know why you'd give up now, SwiftPage will surely make Act! act better than Sage did. Now that Act! is based on a modern database is easily the most customizable contact manager on the planet, I'm staying around for the new owner to show mey what they have to offer.  

Microsoft updated its innards to be a little different than is anticipated by the current version of Act!, but one more upgrade fee should get us where Act! and Office 2013 work together. My recollection of the history of Act! and Microsoft Office includes several occasions when Act! just wasn't there for the update to Office or even Windows, but they got their Act together and within a reasonable time, copatibility returned to the kingdom.

Sorry to see you go.

Damien,

I sent an E-mail to you and here is a sumamry of the issues I am having with ACT:

Every time I click on my contact’s  E-mail address in ACT I get this message:

“Could not retrieve Imessage: Interface not supported.”

This is what I use: I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with Office 2013 Home & Business 32 bit

5/23/2013 We installed an Integrated version of ACT! 2013 SP1.

Copper Contributor

Same thing here...sent you an email Damien. Same exact configuration and problems as rhspence.
Nickel Contributor

rhspence & rctrailersales

I have both of your responses. Thanks!

Damien Park
Swiftpage

A previous poster on this page mentioned a refund, and I was going to ask about that. And another one (sarcastically?) said that everything would be better "after another upgrade fee" and said he was happy about that. 

I've decided to just wait, and I'm assuming we will probably have a new install/download package within about 10 days. I'm guessing ACT! is, what, 1.5 million lines of code? From the install messages it seemed to be using .NET... I don't know how much the .NET libraries have changed with this new Windows 8 thing, but I would imagine that there is a clear integration path and that this error we are seeing is just an API implementation error. Assuming the Swiftpage has 5-6 programmers working on this, then even if this proves to be an exceptionally slick bug for some reason I would expect that we should all have a solution within 7-14 days. 

So... the Star Trek borg guy should cancel his hari kiri. The new support team is on this, you can tell from what they are saying/asking.  What was troubling to me before was the unbelievably obtuse responses of the Sage team, but clearly this software has been handed over to another engineering team and so it will not die. So, it was bad timing that we all switched right when we did, but this will all work out shortly so everybody should just relax.

Copper Contributor

Have y'all made any headway on this issue?
Copper Contributor

My solution is a trial of Microsoft Dynamics CRM outlook client, so far so very, very good, it's like Act on steroids. It's much more expensive, but it tracks every interaction with customers, something that Act2013 and Office 2013/365 presently does not.