Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2013 - Suggestion/Feature - Outlook Attach Emails to Company in addition to Contacts

Astute Commentator

Act 2013 - Suggestion/Feature - Outlook Attach Emails to Company in addition to Contacts

I order software products for companies, and the confirmations and/or CD Keys/Serials, etc i would like to capture those email confirmations, but not necessarily attach it to a 'person/contact' from the company, but directly to the company history itself.

It is more of a 'company' data than a specific person/contact.  I am not sure why you can't attach to a company itself, as it has the history tab.  I guess i can copy/paste to 'notes', but since the outlook integration is there, it would just make it easier.

Also, I am not sure why ACT restricts you from adding an 'Email Field' to the company layout.  I would like to track either the general company email (i.e. info@domain.com) or sales@domain.com), etc...i do a lot of techsupport so for companies/vendors i deal with, they sometimes have a 'generic tech or customer support email'... it would be nice to be able to add that to the company data.

just some additional thoughts... does anyone else think this would be useful?.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Act 2013 - Suggestion/Feature - Outlook Attach Emails to Company in addition to Contacts

Good morning richman107 --

I'll take a shot at this.

I have been using an add-on program called eMailConnectPro for several years.  That give you the ability to add an eMail to the company history.  I thought that this program just made it easier to use what was already present, but I couldn't find where to add an eMail to an ACT company.  Maybe someone else knows how.

Regarding the general company eMail - may I suggest that you add a contact for each company.  I use the profile name "companyname UI".  UI stands for useful information.  That is where I keep a lot of company information that doesn't need to be included in everyone's history.  I would also put the general eMail address there.

Just a couple of thoughts, and hope it helped a little.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Astute Commentator

Re: Act 2013 - Suggestion/Feature - Outlook Attach Emails to Company in addition to Contacts

Thanks John,

I spoke with Act Support and they confirmed that their is no 'email field' allowed on the company layout. Again, not sure why they specifically took it out. It seems to me that it would be useful, or at the least i don't see if it hurts anything by being available and letting users add the field if preferred.  For now i added a character field for useful emails, it just doesn't hyperlink to outlook (not a biggie).

You do have a good thought as to Company name UI as a workaround to capture important company info.

Thanks!! much appreciated.

Rob