Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2013 Pro Issues with sending email out of Outlook 2007 "Unable to cast COM object of type"

Act 2013 Pro Issues with sending email out of Outlook 2007 "Unable to cast COM object of type"

When I try to send an email from Act I receive the following message:

'Microsoft.office.interop.outlook_application'. This operation failed because the queryinterface call on the com component for the interface with IID
''(00063001-0000-0000-c0000-46)' failed due to the following error. Error loading type library/DLL. (exception from HRESULT:0x80029C4A
(TYPE_E_CANT LOADLIBRARY)

I am using Outlook 2007 with Act 2013 Pro.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2013 Pro Issues with sending email out of Outlook 2007 "Unable to cast COM object of type"

Hello Dhutchins,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Can you provide some additional information about your issue to help the Community members help you:

- What is the operating system of the computer?

- Has this ever worked?

- Can you send an email created directly in Outlook?

- Have any other versions of Office been installed on this computer?  If yes, which versions?

Things to try:

- If Vista/Win 7, disable UAC

- Run Scanpst (maintenance on Outlook pst file)

- Uninstall/Reinstall Office

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2013 Pro Issues with sending email out of Outlook 2007 "Unable to cast COM object of type"

I get the same message when trying to create a quote - so nothing to do with email?

Running 2013 premium, outlook 2010.... was working fine up until a week or so ago...??

Thanks for the response.  The machine is running Win 7 and I have never been able to get it to work, but can send email out of Outlook without any issues.  Last week I installed Office 2010 and get the same error.

thanks

Copper Contributor

Hi Greg,

Sorry, maybe a different issue because mine ISNT with sending email, but happens when i click the 'QUOTE' button in Opps.

Running Win7, 64 bit with office 2010 32 bit....

Yes, this has always worked fine for me, and outlook works as normal. Its only when i click the 'quote' button on Opps tab that i get this. 

I was using 2007 up until a few weeks ago. I cant remember if this problem co-incides with that upgrade, but i guess that is a strong possibility.

I have re-installed premium 13 today over the top of the existing - no change.

UAC is disabled (or set to its lowest thresh-hold)