Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2013 Premium in Terminal Services/Remote Desktop - and "Schedule Activity" repeated pop up

Act 2013 Premium in Terminal Services/Remote Desktop - and "Schedule Activity" repeated pop up

Hello all...

We're having an issue where we're seeing a Sage Act 50 Premium 2013 installation run through Terminal/Remote Desktop exhibits an issue that causes the "Schedule Activity" window to continuously pop up.

To re-create the issue, you go to the Calendar Tab, create a new activity (call, appointment, meeting etc), and then once you click OK, it adds it, and then pops up the "Schedule Activity" window again. And again. And again....

The only way to get out of this is to move the mouse to a tab such as "Contacts" - then rapidly press on this, while also pressing escape (that's what Sage Act Support said to do.... so they've clearly seen this before). There doesn't seem to be any obvious reason for this and we've tried removing any Outlook/Office integration.

I just wondered if someone else has seen this specifically in Terminal Services/Remote Desktop and has found a resolve.

Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2013 Premium in Terminal Services/Remote Desktop - and "Schedule Activity" repeated pop up

Yes, I have a client with this issue. Every time they bring focus back to the RDP session, the Schedule Activity window is up. In v16, when we return to the window the view has changed to a different contact or opportunity as if the user double-clicked a different item.

Cheryl Campbell
Denver Solutions Group

Re: Act 2013 Premium in Terminal Services/Remote Desktop - and "Schedule Activity" repeated pop up

We resolved this (eventually after much head scratching...)

It's related somehow to RDP 8 we think...

If the client is on Windows 7, removing the RDP 8.0 update fixed it.

If the client is on Windows 8, it is an issue unless it had all the patches available from Windows Update up to 17/06/13. I suspect it's a specific patch that matters but I never bothered investigating further.

This fixed it in both scenarios.

Nothing from the support side who still haven't ever helped with anything... ever.  Hope that makes your life easier...

Copper Contributor

Thanks! Worth a look. I have been investigating other RDP interactions as well but didn't think about this one. Good catch!

Cheryl Campbell
Denver Solutions Group

mr_vpw,

Welcome to the Act! Community Forum!

Cheryl,  were you able to try this fix on your client?  I would like to confirm the workaround that mr_vpw came up with.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Not yet. I've submitted an IT ticket and am waiting for a response. Will reply back with results.

Cheryl Campbell
Denver Solutions Group